Which brand of toasted sandwich maker doesn't cut

winnie231, Mar 22, 1:41am
x1
the toasties in half!
I want to buy one that leaves the toasties whole but they all seem to cut them into triangles these days .
TIA :)

twindizzy, Mar 22, 1:45am
Toasted pie!

Russell Hobbs http://www.priceme.co.nz/Russell-Hobbs-RHJM4/p-884118106.aspx

and old school sunbeam thick snack off here!

joybells2, Mar 22, 2:16am
You want a panini maker, you can make all sorts in them.Much bigger too.

rainrain1, Mar 22, 2:19am
x1
my lovely old toastie machine that makes four whole big toasties

iriegirl, Mar 22, 2:58am
Hi winnie231, this breville one at briscoes just seals the edges and dosen't cut them into "triangles" Aand they're on special at mo
http://www.briscoes.co.nz/Kitchen/Appliances/Sandwich_Presses/1039304/Breville-BTS100-Big-One-Sandwich-Maker.html
:o)

dbab, Mar 22, 4:22am
A sandwich press doesn't cut them, and then you can use it for paninis etc

kinna54, Mar 22, 5:09am
I have a Breville sandwich press, doesn't cut or squash them, and I also use it for paninnis, toasted pita pockets etc.
Do also buy non scratch utensils to use with it tho, so you don't scratch the surface.

winnie231, Mar 22, 7:28am
Thanks everyone :)
I have a sandwich press - don't need another one.
I want to make 'proper' old-fashioned toastie-pies with sealed edges & scrummy fillings like b&e, savoury creamed corn, mince, b-beans&cheese . and so on.
Couldn't find a brand that wasn't going to squash the fillings out with the triangle thing. Will check out the sunbeam & breville recommendations.
Thanks again!

cuteviolet, Mar 22, 8:23am
x1
I actually bought a little pie maker because I couldn't find what you are looking for and it is great. You can line it with a bread slice and put your egg or whatever in, cover it with a bread slice and it's great. (Buttered outside ofcourse) No nasty cut down the middle to squash the ingredients! Make my hubby b & e pies with bread crusts all the time, or leftover mince etc. Just a thought for you.

korbo, Mar 22, 8:52am
try a camping/outdoor shop, for those old fashioned round/square ones.the ones with 2 side by side and long handle.
they are still available, and can be used on top of stove or bbq.

winnie231, Mar 22, 5:56pm
Great idea cuteviolet - I'll check those out too :)
Thanks korbo - one of those would be fine in summer but I don't have a stove top (I live in a caravan) & it's too dark when I get home from work now to be standing outside cooking at the bbq. I'll keep an eye out for one for future use though :)

serf407, Mar 22, 6:44pm
I prefer the sunbeam products, if the there is not a model in the George Foreman range.
http://www.sunbeam.com.au/products/kitchen/!preferredStream=IdLikeToBrowse#s=ids%7C10445%2C10511

clgodkin, Mar 22, 7:29pm
The pie makers are fantastic and yes, mainly I just use bread too rather than pastry. I wouldn't be without mine and since seeing mine, four family members have since been out and bought one within the past couple of years.

rich_craft, Mar 22, 9:59pm
we've got a jaffle maker & that seals the edges without cutting in half.We wanted the cutting sort & couldn't find them when we looked - typical!

marywea, Mar 22, 10:04pm
Korbo, message 10. They are called quicksie irons. As children we would make Sunday tea using them on the open fire.

raewyn64, Mar 23, 3:49am
+1 - same here

suzanna, Mar 23, 4:12am
We have two and used them alot during powercuts etc after the earthquakes so they're now right up there for me with the old school telephone as desirable in the eq kits. Also a bonus when the bread was less than fresh!

zuggle, Mar 23, 4:26am
Which make is yours please! Seems a good recommendation and I need to buy one. Thanks.

roshu, Mar 23, 10:53pm
Get a panini press.