1 dressing 7 different salads

kob, May 2, 5:09am
1/2 cup of sugar 1/2 cup of wine vinegar ( i use white and balsamic mixed together)1/2 cup of oil, 2 dessertspoons of curry powder. Bring to boil and then let cool and pour over salad.Salad Options, 1)make a pasta salad in normal way and cover with dressing 2) make a roast vegetable salad and cover with dressing 3) hot potatoe salad, potatoes, hard boiled eggs, spring onions cooked corn kernals & tomatoes placed over lettuce and then coated in dressing.4)make a rice salad in normal way and coat with dressing 5) cous cous once the couscous has done its soaking and you have fluffed it up pour this over it to coat it and fill the salad up with your favourite salad ingredients 6) Orzo pasta- cook pasta and drain under cold tap to cool, add salad ingredients and pour over dressing 7) tomato and feta cheese with red onion slices- cut tomotoes, shread onions into half rings and sprinkle the feta over the top drizzle dresing over.All these salads benifit from a lenghty standing time, im sure you may come up with more ways to use this dressing its so good and versitile-enjoy

pickles7, May 2, 9:40am
how about one salad 7 dressings!

fittzy15, May 2, 10:35am
Hi kob, sorry to bother you. Do you have a recipe for custard squares please!

rainrain1, May 2, 8:02pm
One dressing and 7 salads reminds me of New World deli salads, although I find they have improved a lot lately

kob, May 2, 8:47pm
thats a challenge for you then pickles

pickles7, May 2, 9:02pm
lol. rainrain1.
All Supermarket salads are shockers, [eat at your own risk, salads] still are.
Pasta & toasted coconut,
pasta & beans,
pasta & nut,
pasta & carrot,
pasta & onion,
Pasta & corn,
Pasta & pees
All dressed with watered down ETA mayo.
Starting to wonder if they wash the pasta and re-dress it.
Re packaging meat, is as old as I am.

pickles7, May 2, 9:09pm
Easy when you look into a deli display in the supermarket. If its not pasta, its potato or rice, coleslaw's of many descriptions.

darlingmole, May 2, 9:40pm
Pasta & pees

ewww yuk! (check the spelling . sounds even worse!)