Black edible flowers

tinawal, Apr 29, 3:58am
Is there anyone on here that makes flowers to order! Im doing a wedding cake for a relative in Oct and she wants black flowers going down the the teirs and I have no idea how to make them. If someone could give a price that would be great.

chicco2, Apr 29, 6:16am
Hello.

gardie, Apr 29, 6:47am
You've got plenty of time so go have a look at youtube and find something you like then perfect it.I would recommend buying the black fondant though - its quite time consuming getting a good black (I made a freshian cow cake and used half a jar of black gel).Was before I realised that you could buy the coloured fondant!

chicco2, Apr 29, 7:14am
Black fondant is great to work with, but it depends what type of flowers are required. They may need to be made from gum paste, especially if they are a delicate flower.

gardie, Apr 29, 7:15am
But can't you get a product that you mix into the fondant to make it hard!Sorry, I don't know the name of the product - I just use fondant and dry it in the hotwater cupboard.

chicco2, Apr 29, 7:35am
To make delicate, almost transparent and very fine petals for roses and other flowers, you need to use flower modelling paste. I dont know about the other product you are talking about, sorry.

chicco2, Apr 29, 8:06am
They are lovely.

tinawal, Apr 29, 8:50am
The girl im doing the cake for is coming around tomrow and she has a picture of what she wants, so im not sure what flowers she wants. Id need to make them well in advance as im going to be so busy that week she wants the cake. Im already worrying how im going to even make the cakes.

chicco2, Apr 29, 9:44am
I.Could do the flowers or even show u how to do them. If you cant figure out hpw to get hold of me on here, the ladis at. The party shop know how to get hold of me. Check my profile for my first name.
;-)

fifie, Apr 29, 9:52am
If your worrying about making the cakes, get someone to make the flowers for you and concentrate on the cakes. To makelovely flowers like the above photos is a talented art and takes a fair bit of practice.

elliehen, Apr 29, 9:55am
Hello chicco2 ;)I thought you only baked shortbread.

Those are amazing cakes - I didn't know there was such a variety.My personal preference is the Berry/White Chocolate style, although I could be persuaded.

natalie9, Apr 29, 9:55am
I'd be very careful about committing yourself if time constraints and expertise aren't on your side. That is pre-meditated stress, not good! Maybe do the cake in advance then get a professional to ice and decorate it

chicco2, Apr 29, 10:28am
Hi ellehen. Thanks for your kind words. I love decorating cakes almost any flavour. Often made by other people like brides mum or nana.

tinawal, Apr 30, 10:20am
thanks for that, she thinks she may have someone to do the flowers. id still like to learn how to make them though. i will contact u through your facebook page