Hand/bench mixer help please

tarshlove, Apr 28, 11:26pm
I need help chosing a good mxer every time i make a pave i blow up my hand mixers ive also blowen up my hand mixer too. So its time to get something decent. I'm going to be using it for cakes, biscuits, muffins, cheese cakes and of couse pavs. Please help with one thats going to do all that and not blow up wen left to mix for 10 solid minutes.

norse_westie, Apr 29, 12:07am
They don't make em like they used to huh!
I have a hideous orange and cream one that my mum gave me 20+ years ago. She had had it for at least 5 then upgraded to a big food mixer/processor.

For about 5 years now I have willed the thing to blow up so I can buy a big fancy red Kenwood or something, but it just keeps going and going and going. I admire its tenacity and cannot replace it till it dies a natural death.

But then I have my eye on a pretty Kenwood.

chicco2, Apr 29, 12:27am
Take a look at the Kitchenaid brand. Only a couple of hundy more than a Kenwood, but oh so much better.

campmother2002, Apr 29, 1:13am
I had to replace my over 50 yr old Kenwood Chef last year and purchased another one, love it.

campmother2002, Apr 29, 1:15am
Forgot to say I make Pavlova's quite often and my Recipe calls for beating for 10 mins initially and then a further 4 mins - never had a problem.

sarahb5, Apr 29, 1:18am
I love my Sunbeam because it can be a hand mixer or a stand mixer - doesn't do anything particularly fancy but it works for me and for what I want to use it for.

tarshlove, Apr 29, 1:50am
Oh yes i know what your saying ive been looking at the kenwood as i cant afford a kitchenaid (and the kids are no aid lol) hand beating is imposible too. How they ever got on before these gadgets is a mystery.

clonzy1, Apr 29, 2:03am
I have a Breville Scraper Mixer Pro, love it.I got it instead of a Kitchenaid as they were out of my price bracket.No problems beating pavs for a long time, and it scrapes the bowl while it does it.I also bought the ice cream bowl attachment and leave it to churn ice cream for 20 minutes and the motor handles it just fine.RRP is around $700 but you can get them for $500 or less on sale.

cookessentials, Apr 29, 3:02am
Agree and the difference is that a Kitchen Aid is direct drive and gear driven as opposed to a belt friven machine. I like the fact that they beat to some 67 pooints in the bowl as opposed to about 11 with the Kenwood.