SHORTBREAD Best receipe please

cleo444, Apr 26, 7:34am
Thanks TIA

cleo444, Apr 26, 7:35am
excuse spelling recipe

elsielaurie1, Apr 26, 9:26am
This was my Mum's.rather delicious.Peheat oven to 150oC. Soften 350g butter.Add 170g icing sugar, 1/2tspn salt, 100g cornflour.The mixture should be quick stiff. I find it best to use my hands as the warmth helps to keep the mixture soft. When all mixed together, shape into the shape of a long square log.Cut in 15mm thick, prick with fork, place on oven tray and bake for30 mins - or until the shortbread is slightly coloured. It is melt in the mouth lovlery.

cleo444, Apr 26, 9:29am
Great thanks

elliehen, Apr 26, 9:57am
CONNIE'S SHORTBREAD(old Scottish recipe)

8 oz butter
4 oz caster sugar
1 tsp lemon juice
10 oz flour
2 oz cornflour

Cream butter and sugar.Add lemon juice.Sift and add flour and corn flour.Mix and roll into two long logs.Chill in fridge for 10 minutes.Slice into rounds and place on baking paper on cold oven tray.Prick with a fork.

Bake for 5 minutes at 180*C then 10+ minutes at 150*C.

Watch them- as soon as they start to colour, they're done.Don't let them brown.

elsielaurie1, Apr 26, 8:57pm
Woops, woops, woops.500g flour I ommited.so sorry.

hotstuff111, Apr 27, 6:51am
connies shortbread this is the same as ours but with out the lemon the trick is to beat the sugr and butter like 15 minutes on electric beater and ive added cramberrys to the mixture its yummy.

nauru, Apr 27, 10:12pm
This is a recipe from the Bero book (UK). My Grandmother used this recipe too.
6oz butter
3oz sugar
9oz plain flour

Mix all ingredients together until a firm paste.Roll out and cut into rounds or fingers, place on baking tray and prick with a fork and bake @ 160C for 12-15 minutes.

rayoz, Apr 28, 7:26am
My friend Robyn gave me this shortbtread recipe, it's quick, easy and really delicious. Soften a pound of butter and beat with 1 cup caster sugar. Sift together 4 cups plain flour,1/2 cup rice flour,1/2 tsp mixed spice. Mix altogether. I roll in to two logs and chill to firm then slice logs and place each biscuit on baking paper allowing room to spread. You can also roll mixture out between two sheets of grease proof and use cookie cutters. Bake 20 mins or so ( till slightly golden ) 150 degrees in oven.

kinna54, Apr 28, 7:28am
Still like the old Edmonds original recipe, with the icing sugar. *mine is from the 1976 version*. Very creamy and buttery. Yum.