Home brand cocoa.

korbo, Apr 19, 9:53pm
sure i read on here about the darkness and taste of homebrand cocoa.
bought a packet, made 2 chocolate cakes for a competition and came 1st and 3rd with them. Makes devine chocolate icing.
thanks to whoever suggested it.

245sam, Apr 19, 10:52pm
Well done with those chocolate cakes korbo.
Home Brand cocoa is my supermarket cocoa of choice too - IMO it's far superior toany other.:-))

lilyfield, Apr 20, 12:42am
me 3

chicco2, Apr 20, 1:55am
Me 4

miri_s, Apr 20, 5:04am
I haven't seen Homebrand Cocoa.

They seem to have discontinued Signature Range, at least at my local countdown - that was always superiour to the "name" brands.Cadbury is by far the worst of the lot.

miri_s, Apr 20, 5:04am
I haven't seen Homebrand Cocoa.

They seem to have discontinued Signature Range, at least at my local countdown - that was always superior to the "name" brands.Cadbury is by far the worst of the lot.

bedazzledjewels, Apr 20, 5:08am
It can be a bit tricky to find at Countdown. For some insane reason they shelve it with the drinking chocolate, not the baking area.

miri_s, Apr 20, 5:11am
Thanks for that - I was wondering whether it might be shelved there.I'll know to check it out next time.

245sam, Apr 20, 5:11am
I agree re Cadbury but the main reason I switched to Home Brand was because most, if not all, of the other brands available in the supermarkets have various additives.
Home Brand Cocoa can be found at any Countdown supermarket I've been to, usually amongst or near the baking items but if you can't find it there, have a look where the tea, coffee, drinking chocolate, Milo, etc. is shelved.:-))

urshala, Apr 20, 5:17am
Ah I saw it in Countdown today with the tea and coffee and thought that it was for a chocolate drink. lol now I know.

grandma, Apr 20, 8:36am
Another vote for Home Brand.

marcs, Apr 20, 8:47am
Me too. Home brand is the best.

kuaka, Apr 20, 11:32am
I always used Bournville cocoa until I tried the signature range, but I've been trying to buy signature range cocoa for weeks now and thought it had been discontinued.I'll check near the tea/coffee/milo etc although to me, it would make sense to have it with the baking stuff which is where it always used to be.

lenart, Apr 20, 9:02pm
One up for Home Brand cocoa from me too!

vampiriousmist, Apr 20, 10:08pm
Home brand for me too. So much cheaper than Cadburys ! did just get an order of premium dutch coca off here, will try that in a cake sometime :) Tastes delicious as a drink though !

indy95, Apr 20, 11:36pm
Another vote for Homebrand here.
I have tried every brand of cocoa available in supermarkets for baking except Cadburys andused dutched cocoa once or twice for special occasion cakes but I have settled on Homebrand for normal baking.

dalkemade, Apr 21, 4:41am
I have found most Home Brand products very good.

jasmine77, Apr 29, 9:24am
Thank you TMMB for this tip! I bought it today and was amazed at the difference to the other brand of cocoa in my cupboard. Had to bake something straight away to try it out :-)

zambesi2, Apr 30, 2:29am
Ditto for me too.It's so rich and dark.I agree, a very odd place to find it at the supermarket.Not in the baking aisle.

nauru, Apr 30, 4:39am
As a child I had hot Cocoa as a bedtime drink so I'm not surprised to find it in the tea coffee aisle.

family007, May 7, 2:17am
Home Brand. Its only the best baking cocoa out there! They should do cocoa on Target!

lindylambchops1, May 7, 2:22am
Home Brand.Simply the BEST, better than all the rest!

quarterpasttwo, May 7, 8:55am
totally agree, it is the nicest richest coco on the market that'saffordablefor every day baking

bexy32, May 7, 11:11am
Always use HB cocoa powder too :) the best in my opinion too.