The age old question - what's for dinner?

tahmoh, Apr 17, 6:10am
We live on stir fried vegetables with a meat accompianment. A small range of sauces and either noodles or roasted root vegetables if we feel we need to bulk it out. My 22yr old daughter gets bored with this although, to be honest, I could live like this forever. Okay, sometimes there's roast lamb, chicken, and variations there-of e.g. last night, lamb steak, steamed carrots, beans, roast kumera and potato with appropriate seasoning and sauce/gravy. Or pasta on other nights
Tonight, however, I'd like something else. Any ideas. We don't eat onions and offspring doesn't like macaroni cheese. Clearly she got that weird predliction from her fathers side because everyone loves my macaroni cheese. Even people that normally loathe it will say, "OMG, what is in this!" As they rapidly jab back and forth with their forks at the plate, whilst simultaneously stuffing their mouths and talking excitedly thusly, "this is amaaaaaazzzzzzzzzinggggg!"-
;
Oops., distracted. So, any ideas that are quick, easy and not spaghetti bolognaise, or lasagne, or soup! Offspring loathes soups, as well.
Why am I going to so much trouble for such a fusspot! Because she just landed a new job and today was her last day at her old one. I am so proud of her for so many reasons so thought it would be nice for her to walk in the door and be a few minutes away from a delicious dinner.

nik12, Apr 17, 8:52am
What did you end up doing tahmoh!
Heaps of ideas on here, just browse through the threads.
We had roasted chicken drums, mashed spuds and mixed vege.Not very imaginative, but yummy and quick all the same.
Butter chicken is yummy - there's heaps of proper recipes on here, but I quite like the pams out of the jar :-)put the rice on, chop the chicken, thrown the jar in and cook 'till the rice is done.

tahmoh, Apr 17, 9:56am
I phoned my dear daughter and asked her what she would like. She said, "I really liked what we had last night. "Yeah, but we had it last night", I replied.
"oh, okay but.(insert rationalisations)". She won, therefore, to accompany the diced kumera, parsnip and courgette, we had steamed (from pre-frozen) beans, peas&corn and fresh carrot. To complete the other third of our main meal, it was lamb steaks seasoned with thyme (my favorite herb), rosemary, mint and ground white pepper.Home-made mint sauce (fresh mint, a little sugar, left over water from the "greens" and white vinegar), and gravy made from a packet and the juices from the pan that the lamb was cooked in.
I know it sounds rather grand when I type it up but it was a fairly typical meal. For an autumn meal, it was perfect.
You've actually had me bring on another query for the recipes board.

jimmy2102, Apr 19, 9:19am
So Tahmoh why is youe mac cheese so good. Whats your secret!:-)