Getting the kids to eat their crusts:

Page 4 / 4
norse_westie, Apr 6, 6:34am
And because they like sandwiches, and love bread. ;)

sarahb5, Apr 7, 12:15am
Mine too

uli, Apr 7, 1:53am
And since I can do neither because of being on crutches since 7 years . does this apply to me too!

elliehen, Apr 7, 1:59am
.only if you're a kid who wants to play football, bullrush and text during the lunchhour ;)

uli, Apr 7, 2:19am
Ohhh - and here I go and think we did talk about kids eating their (sloppy) "crusts" on their white or coloured breads . so where did you go to in the meantime ellie!

elliehen, Apr 7, 2:23am
To another messageboard to wish you a Happy Easter :)

.and now back to the sun and the real people out there.I hope there are some real people nearby for you.You sound a little lonely and in need of a real conversation.

sarahb5, Apr 7, 2:55am
Shame but since this thread is about kids eating their crusts and not about you at all (although you seem to think that everything is) then that really isn't relevant is it!

kay141, Apr 7, 2:57am
And I thought they were talking about kids eating sandwiches while playing the various games in their lunchtimes.

norse_westie, Apr 7, 3:42am
Why would it! The thread was about getting kids to eat crusts. Most of us offered our view or experience. I think you offered criticism rather than anything constructive, but thats par for the course.

purplegoanna, Apr 8, 12:25am
thats not being holier than thou thats being honest.there bread is like crust!

kinna54, Apr 8, 1:19am
Jeepers. Ladies ladies please.
enough.
I started the thread as a similar handy hint tip. Absolutely no need for this nastiness and b*@#^% fight.
Go and enjoy your bread, with or without crusts, or your sardines and boiled eggs.whatever satisfies your tummy.
Have a happy Easter.

kinna54, Apr 8, 1:19am
Jeepers. Ladies ladies please.
enough.
I started the thread as a simple handy hint tip. Absolutely no need for this nastiness and b*@#^% fight.
Go and enjoy your bread, with or without crusts, or your sardines and boiled eggs.whatever satisfies your tummy.
Have a happy Easter.

poppy62, Apr 8, 1:39am
Dont sweat about your kids not eating crusts - really in the scheme of things theres more important things to stress about - I still cut the crusts off bread for my grandchildren - just happy to see them eat!They can be such picky little beggars that so long as the filling is relatively healthy, I could care less that its white bread without crusts.Chickens enjoy the leftovers so there's no waste.

elliehen, Apr 8, 4:21am
I sweat about waste, but there are so many ways to use crusts (some mentioned here).I throw unwanted crusts into the freezer until I have to do something useful with them

kay141, Apr 8, 4:57am
I do the same and when I have a bag full, I turn them into breadcrumbs. So handy in the freezer and they take no time to thaw.

lyl_guy, Apr 8, 5:35am
Where did Uli go!she's been banned!

elliehen, Apr 8, 5:56am
Someone over in Health & Beauty suggested on a desert island with knowsley!

Maybe that's stretching credibility ;)

lyl_guy, Apr 8, 6:02am
Lol. as long as there's no bread, wherever she is!

vintagekitty, Apr 8, 6:09am
lol, good stuff. maybe it will be nicer , one more and it will be just great!

brianmac, Apr 8, 6:14am
I am sure knowsley has better taste

vintagekitty, Apr 8, 6:17am
maybe those members that were put off posting on here may return!

willyow, Apr 8, 9:41pm
White lies work. When my 15 yr old son was two he wouldn't eat anythinggreen . He lovedBananas In Pyjamas videos in which Rat In A Hat made Stone Soup. One day when we were having brocolli soup for dinner - I told him his mother had a special treat for dinner and was making Rat In A Hat's Stone soup- he ate the lot!And he's beenkeenly eating brocolli ever since.

sarahb5, Apr 9, 12:50am
I can't say I will miss her but won't say more than that because even banned posters can still lurk .