Tomato sauce recipe

00743, Mar 30, 7:11am
i wanting to recipe like watties tomato sauce!

nauru, Mar 31, 7:05am
x1
I have a clone recipe for Heinz type tomato ketchup.If you want I will look it out for you.My grand-daughter, an avid tomato ketchup eater likes it much better than the shop bought one.

gerry64, Mar 31, 7:13am
yes please nauru

fisher, Apr 1, 4:14am
(1) Home Made Tomato SauceYou can add some tomato pulp
4 pkts Maggi Tomato Soup4 cups cold water2 cups vinegar2 cups sugar1/2 x tsp ground cloves1/4 x tsp cayenne pepperblack pepper.
Place ingredients in a saucepan, mix well. Bring to the boil, simmer for 20 minutes stirring occasionally. Use hand wand to thickenBottle .
If tomato pulp used, store in fridge
(2) Tomato Sauce with Capsicum
This incredibly useful sauce is great tossed through pasta, as a base for soup, added to casseroles and pan sauces, and spread onto bread with cheese for a simple lunch snack.
Makes about 3 cups
1.5kg tomatoes, cored and cut into wedges.2 red capsicums, deseeded and cut into eighths.1 large onion, cut into thin wedges. 2 tbsp sugar
4 cloves garlic, peeled. 1 tsp chopped rosemary leaves. 1/4 cup tomato paste.2 tbsp olive oil. 1 tsp salt. Black Pepper
Optional:
1 small chilli, seeded and chopped
Method:
Preheat your oven to 160C. Prepare all the vegetables and place in a large roasting dish lined with baking paper. The vegetables need to be in a single layer so they roast and caramelise rather than stew.Add the garlic, rosemary leaves and chilli, if using. In a small bowl mix together the tomato paste, sugar, olive oil, salt and black pepper. Spoon this mixture over the sliced vegetables and stir through to coat evenly.
Bake for about 2 hours or until the vegetables are starting to caramelise and shrivel a little.
Allow the sauce to cool and purée in a food processor or blender. The sauce will keep in the fridge for up to a week or can be frozen.
Alternatively, bring the puréed sauce to a boil and while very hot pour into sterilised jars. Cover with pop top lids and leave to cool then seal.
Sealed jars will keep for months in the pantry.
(3) Home Made Tomato Sauce
3.6 kg tomatoes1 litre vinegar125g salt1 kg white sugar1 pkt Gregg's pickling spice (put into muslin bag)1 kg apples6 x onions
Cut up tomatoes, apples and onions Add all other ingredients. Boil 3 hours. Remove pickling spice.Use hand wand to thicken
Sieve through colanderthen bottle and seal tightly
(4) Home Made Tomato Sauce
3.6 kg ripe tomatoes, chopped roughly1 litre vinegar114g common salt2 tbsp pepper25g pickling spice (in a muslin bag)
5 large onions, chopped roughly3 large apples, cored and chopped roughly900g sugar6 cloves garlic, chopped
Boil all ingredients in a large pot for three hours. Remove pickling spice and blend mixture. Bottle into sterilised bottles
(5) Home Made Tomato Sauce
3 kg tomatoes250g onions1/2 oz ground ginger1/2 oz cloves2 oz saltcayenne pepper to suit taste.
Add a little water to stop burning and simmer/boil slowly for 2 hrs. Strain, and when cool add 300ml vinegar and 250g sugar.
Boil again until proper thickness & bottle when cold.