Hokey Pokey Slice - Columbus Coffee?

mrchop, Mar 1, 6:51am
x1
Hi

I have found a new addiction the Hokey Pokey Fudge Slice at Columbus Coffee ( Riccarton Westfield). Does anyone have a recipe for this!
It seems to be an unbanked biscuit slice with chocolate chunks and crunchie bar in it! Their version is iced.
Yum - I would love to find the recipe

245sam, Mar 1, 7:02am
mrchop, I know the slice you mean and my suggestion would be to use the following recipe omitting both the apricots and the caster sugar sprinkling on the top, and add instead the chocolate chunks/crunchie bar + the icing.

APRICOT FUDGE CAKE
114g butter
85g brown sugar
½ x 395g can sweetened condensed milk
1 x 250g packet wine biscuits, crushed
½ cup firmly packed, chopped dried apricots
caster sugar

Heat the butter, brown sugar and sweetened condensed milk just until the butter melts.Remove from the heat and add the biscuits and the apricots.Mix well, then press the mixture into a greased and base-lined 19cm square tin.Allow to set for a few minutes, then sprinkle the top with caster sugar.Set in the refrigerator, then cut into fingers.

Hope that helps.:-))

mrchop, Mar 2, 5:10am
Thanks I'll give it a try.

dotty23, Aug 19, 7:34am
mrchop wrote:
Hi

I have found a new addiction the Hokey Pokey Fudge Slice at Columbus Coffee ( Riccarton Westfield). Does anyone have a recipe for this!
It seems to be an unbanked biscuit slice with chocolate chunks and crunchie bar in it! Their version is iced.

Try searching honeycombe slice. I posted something on it a while back; made with block of choc, golden syrup, crunchie bars etc & iced with kremalta & choc I think!Very decadent.If you can't find the recipe on here, I will post it again.

zappi, Aug 19, 9:09pm
dotty23, I just tried searching for the honeycombe slice recipe.Nothing showed up, so could you please post the recipe again.Many thanks,

griffo4, Aug 19, 9:57pm
Yes please would love the recipe as well

timturtle, Aug 19, 10:00pm

geldof, Aug 19, 10:02pm

griffo4, Aug 19, 10:23pm
snap timturtle and geldof

lodgelocum, Aug 19, 11:01pm
That looks devine, just added it to my "Xmas Goodies" list of things to make, thanks all.

rainrain1, Aug 19, 11:04pm
sounds awesome griiffo$4, but I won't make it, I won't, I won't

supercook, Aug 20, 1:07am
They have the best food at Colombus coffee Riccarton. There muffins are always yummy. That hokey pokey slice always looks good going to try it next time I am there. Join Colombus VIP coffee club you get a couple of free coffees and 2 for 1 coffee's.

griffo4, Aug 20, 8:21am
LOL, rainrain l have just written out my shopping list adding a few extras to try this one

lodgelocum, Aug 20, 9:23am
Columbus Coffee at Botany, Auckland have really nice food too.

toadfish, Aug 20, 6:46pm
+1 - The best eggs benedict ever

toadfish, Aug 20, 6:55pm
I will start another thread as the Columbus VIP Card is great