Mince

fisher, Mar 2, 12:52pm
fry it up, breaking it up till VERY fine stirring all the time. push it to one side of the pan and cook some diced onion in a tbsp of oil. push this over to the mince. add another tbsp of oil and put 2 heaped tsp of whole cummin seeds in the oil and fry. now mix it all together turning over and over.add some black pepper salt to taste and crumble a beef oxo cube over the top. Add a tin of drained red kidney beans, mix a little water in the tip and pour over mince. Add a tin of Craig's Mild Mexican beans and once again add a little water to the tin, swish around and add to the mince.Mix all well by turning over and over on med heat.do taste test.
Now you can remove some to feed the kids first and then add 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped and a little chilli paste or fine chopped red chilli mixed in if you want it hotter for the adults.
Nice served with creamy mashed spuds and some french bread, sliced on the diagonal, toasted and garlic butter spread on top.

fisher, Mar 2, 12:52pm
Mnce whatever :}
fry it up, breaking it up till VERY fine and dry stirring all the time. push it to one side of the pan and cook some diced onion in a tbsp of oil. push this over to the mince. add another tbsp of oil and put 2 heaped tsp of whole cummin seeds in the oil and fry. now mix it all together turning over and over.add some black pepper salt to taste and crumble a beef oxo cube over the top. Add a tin of drained red kidney beans, mix a little water in the tip and pour over mince. Add a tin of Craig's Mild Mexican beans (not drained) and once again add a little water to the tin, swish around and add to the mince.Mix all well by turning over and over on med heat.do taste test.
Now you can remove some to feed the kids first and then add 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped and a little chilli paste or fine chopped red chilli mixed in if you want it hotter for the adults.
Nice served with creamy mashed spuds and some french bread, sliced on the diagonal, toasted and garlic butter spread on top.

smileeah, Mar 2, 8:50pm
What about cottage pie! You can add grated/frozen veges to make it go further.
Burgers are a big hit here too. Especially when served with bacon and egg.
Or make mini mince and cheese pies using a well greased muffin tin. I use the edmonds recipe basically but add tomato paste and use quartered pastry sheets and have open tops on the pies. Easy.

ant_sonja, Mar 2, 9:16pm
A nice hot chili con carne maybe!

veejay13, Mar 2, 10:05pm
Sweet and sour meatballs!

hugh1, Mar 3, 12:32am
Hi my mum used to make a savory mince then put 2 tins of watties spaghetti into it and lots of parsley yum

k_c, Mar 3, 12:59am
oh yum i remember my mum doing and i can neva get it the same as hers, she also added diced potatoes.Lasagne is good to do with mince and nachos.i make mince pasties for sumthing different 2 have for tea
good luck

frier, Mar 3, 3:46am
Mince chow mein Maggie mix,add oxo cubes,diced carrots cooked rice and shredded cabbage, big hit at dinner time with my two growing boys, never any leftovers either. Enjoy yummy

kinna54, Mar 3, 4:07am
Tacos.or nachos,,,, satay meatballs served on a bed of rice.always filling. meatloaf.
or just add piles of mixed veges, including diced spuds, and put a pastry top on it, or I often do a savoury mince with garlic bread on the side (instead of on toast) andpastry puff squares: i.e I just placea flaky puff pastry sheet onto an oven tray, cut into bite size squares, a few mins in a hot oven and presto. Very filling.

jennyp2, Mar 3, 6:49am
this is just the best for mince
Brown mince and 1 onion, break up lumps etc, then add 1 dsp brown sugar, 1 tsp mustard powder and 1 tsp curry powder. Then add one tin watties,( preferably ) Spaghetti.Heat through and it's ready. You can also put into ovenproof dish and add grated cheese over yop and pop under the grill till it melts. Quick,easy and very tasty.

ace441, Mar 3, 8:36am
This is simple, cheap and really tasty and as my husband says "It looks like sh*t but it tastes so good.The kids love it too. Savoury Mince and Beans. 500g Beef Mince, 1 packet Maggi Onion Soup powder, 2 Medium Onions - sliced into rings, 1 Tablespoon Butter, 425g Tin Baked Beans, 2 Tablespoons American Mustard (the sweet stuff), 1 teaspoon Curry Powder, 1/2 C Tomato Sauce, 4 teaspoons Brown Sugar, 1 teaspoon Worcestershire Sauce and Salt and Pepper to taste. Brown the onion rings in the butter. Add the mince and soup powder. Cook until all the pink is gone from the meat. Stir in the remaining ingredients and simmer until cooked (about 10 - 15 minutes). Recipe says to serve on rice but I prefer to serve on a bed of mashed potato.

chaz_alexis, Oct 18, 3:31am
what a really nice easy recipe for mince to feed for 3 that eat HEAPS lol

2boysmum, Oct 18, 3:33am
Spag Bog always goes a long way.

chaz_alexis, Oct 18, 3:36am
cool any other ideas i love spag but husbad hate pasta meals

motorbo, Oct 18, 3:38am
kai si ming is nice too, makes it go a longggggg way

burgers, you can add grated carrot and courgette and bread crumbs to the mince pattie.or rissoles and a mushroon gravy and mashed spuds
meatloaf
cottage pie

rainrain1, Oct 18, 3:43am
I saved this off here and have made it, it is very nice

great mince recipe
You need, 500gms mince, 1pkt of beef rice rissoto, 2 cups of stir fry veges, 2 tbsp of brown sugar, 3 tbsp of worchester sauce and shred some cabbage. Cook the rissoto as normal, put your mince, veges, cabbage, sugar and worchester sauce in.Simmer on a low heat for about half hour stirring regulary. You may need to add a bit of water to it. this is easy simple and feeds alot of people. If you want to make a big lot just up the ingredients. Its really yummy and great next day if there is any left over.

245sam, Mar 2, 6:37am
There are so many different dishes that can be made with mince so maybe there's something different above, or alternatively add it below if you have a favourite recipe that you'd like to share.:-))

oh_hunnihunni, Mar 2, 6:44am
My mince is a staple, and never the same twice. My trick is simple, I add whatever is available and keep adding till it's really crammed with goodies, then turn it down and simmer it till it tastes wonderful. With really excellent home made bread it is fabulous, and a great salad makes it a feast. (just remember to add a dollop of milk after browning the meat - it keeps the beef tender and juicy!)