Lamb shoulder chops

datoofairy, Feb 2, 4:09am
Are shoulder chops best cooked low and slow, or grilled? Thanks.

darlingmole, Feb 2, 4:14am
personally I do both ... long and slow on a low heat on the grill, whereas my husband basically roasts them long/slow/low and then drains the fat off (very moist and tender this way)

mss2006, Feb 2, 4:17am
Yes - Slow, flour them. Then in a slow pan with butter and olive oil (reasonable amount) slow cook on each side until very golden. Dont rush it. I take a good hour to cook mine. Reheat in oven if need be. Drain well on kitchen paper. Add s+p of course. Also add rosemary and garlic cloves 3/4 of the way through if you like. Take your time and they turn out unbelievable! Krispy yet juicy.

valentino, Jul 23, 11:13pm
From trademecooks website is the following recipe, i for one uses this quite often always comes out lovely... .

baked chops
4 chops (I usually get lamb shoulder chops)
1T brown sugar,
2T soy sauce,
1/2 t salt,
1/4 cup tomato sauce,
1/2 t ground ginger. (I often add 1t hoisin sauce and replace ginger with five spice)
Trim chops and place in a single layer in a baking dish.
Mix all ingredients together and pour over chops.
Marinate for at least 2 hours. (When in a hurry I often only wait for oven to pre-heat and then cook)
Bake, covered for 40 mins at 180C then uncover and cook a further 10 mins, basting well in this time
posted by malny

P. S. I use the ground ginger and shoulder chops and do not add the hoison as noted, have not tried that yet.

Cheers.