T & T base for Ginger Crunch/Lemon Slice?

lynan, Feb 11, 11:47pm
Have had probs with a couple of bases for these slices and wonder if anyone has a proven recipe. Used to have a good one for the Ginger Crunch but cant remember which, and also for the Lemon Slice (the type you pour the lemon mix on and rebake). Thanks in advance.

kassie48, Feb 12, 1:48am
Edmonds Ginger Crunch
125gr butter
125gr sugar
200gr flour
1tsp gr ginger
1tsp b/powder
Cream butter & sugar, add dry ingredients Knead well.

Base (for Marshmellow Shortcake)
125gr butter
125gr sugar
1/2tsp vanilla essence
1 egg
225gr flour
1tsp b/powder
Cream butter & sugar, add essence. Add egg then sifted dry ingredients. Press into or onto cold tray & bake 320mins @180.
When cooked apply topping.

barbiedoll, Feb 12, 2:05am
Add an egg to the ginger crunch if you want it more like a shortcake.

lynan, Feb 12, 3:28am
Thanks peeps! I have just made the Ginger Crunch.base similar to the Edmonds one which I knew about. It was a triple ginger version with fresh/ground and crystallised used. Cant WAIT to try it!. As far as the Lemon slice goes, it must be a base able to hold up to twice bake. Will experiment. Thanks again!

kassie48, Feb 12, 9:23am
Use the Ginger one & omit the ginger.

bridget107, Feb 12, 9:07pm
Really good ginger crunch recipe and it uses leftover cereal you might have. If you don't have any leftovers, you can use weetbix or rolled oats. This is so tasty! http://aftertasteblog.wordpress.com/2012/01/02/ginger-slice/ . This muesli slice is also really nice http://aftertasteblog.wordpress.com/2011/10/23/muesli-slice/

malcovy, Feb 12, 9:29pm
Such a simple thing yet genius, thank you.

bridget107, Feb 13, 7:51am

flynngin, Feb 13, 9:23am
Edmonds still best recipe and use butter dont sub with marg or any other crap spread! if you want crunch

munrotti, Feb 14, 3:43am
Type 'takaka' into the search on here and 'last year' and you will get a great recipe which I now always use.( thanks to the person who first posted it) It is not a crunchy base if that is what you are wanting.