Kenwood Mixer Recipes please

elleneva, Feb 9, 11:48pm
Techno Santa gave me a FANTASTIC Kenwood cake mixer for Christmas.I have the K beater and the flexibeater attachments as well as the dough hooks.I'm looking for some tried and true recipes from other Kenwood owners please.cakes, bikkies, slices, doughs.anything!I'm a keen baker, but am a bit overawed by the Kenwood and had fallen into some bad habits after 30 odd years of using a Black and Decker handheld beater!Help!

fish02, Feb 10, 9:38pm
I have had a kenwood mixer for years!My first one belonged to my grandparents and was as old as me (35) when it died last year and I was devastated.I managed to pick up another one second hand and its around 25 years old.I use it all the time.Will sort out some recipes for you this afternoon :O)

molly37, Feb 10, 10:44pm
I got a lovely red kenwood for xmas too. I dont have any mixer recipes, but its so lovely not to have to stand and hold my 25yr old hand mixer. A little disappointed with my new one, it doesnt tend to pick up from the sides.nor at the bottom, so have to stop and scrape throughout process. I would like recipes to use the dough hook and other attachments too.

245sam, Feb 10, 11:00pm
elleneva and molly37, have a look at:-
http://www.kenwoodworld.com/uk/My-Kenwood-Kitchen/kMix-Kitchen-Machine/

You should both find recipes there that you might like to try - the very first recipe on that link actually uses the dough hook.

Hope that helps.:-))

maximus44, Feb 11, 7:58am
I have had a Kenwood mixer for 25 years. Any recipe you would have used a hand beater for you can use with the mixer. Pavalova mixtures beat up really well with the whisk attachment and I use the dough hook for bread dough.

gardie, Feb 11, 8:13am
I use any bread recipe in the Kenwood with the dough hook.Its fabulous.

cookessentials, Feb 12, 1:02am
Why not join the "K Club" which you can see below.
http://kenwood-newzealand.com/corporate/kclub/

mypeaches, Feb 13, 10:25am
make sure you add flour slowly, otherwise it gets a bit cloudy in the kitchen! ift dry ingreds into a dish, then spoon in ~ works a treat, no flour clouds:-)

fish02, Feb 15, 12:39am
ditto what mypeaches said.I also put a clean teatowel over the whole mixer sometimes and it contains the flour!
CHOCOLATE CHIP BISCUITS - this was my grandmothers recipe.
250g butter
1 cup sugar
1/2 can condensed milk
2 1/2 - 3 cups flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 cup cornflour
2 T cocoa (optional)
chocolate chips

cream butter and sugar well, add condensed milk and beat again.slowly add dry ingredients and mix again.Add chocolate chips last.
Roll into small balls and flatten with a fork.I find I can usually get 2 trays of 20 biscuits from one recipe.Bake @ 180 for approx 15 mins (depending on your oven and how dark you like the biscuits)