Rump steak, what to do

mattdylan, Feb 9, 8:54pm
I don't want to fry it, can I use it in a curry (panang) or do a slow cooked casserole! recipes! thanks!

harrislucinda, Feb 9, 10:08pm
yesiuseitforstewsin slowcookerIbuyitwhencheapasnevergrilled

valentino, Feb 9, 10:51pm
Rump Steaks are great when sliced thinly for doing stir fry, very quick cooking - only about a minute and do not steam them.

chaz_alexis, Feb 10, 12:05am
mmmmm rump steak and mushroom sauce mmmmmm

mss2006, Feb 10, 3:33am
Beef stroganoff (sp)

juliewn, Feb 10, 6:12am
My favourite way:
This is truly delicious and looks fantastic too. It can also be prepared earlier in the day, or even the night before, covered with plastic wrap and kept in your fridge. then popped into your preheated oven an hour before you want to serve your dinner.

Use one large piece of rump steak. double the recipe if you want.
Remove any fat from the edges and cut the steak into pieces about the size of the palm of your hand - about 4 pieces.
Dip each into flour, then lightly beaten egg, then coat with breadcrumbs.
Place in a single layer in a greased shallow baking dish.
Cut an onion into thick rings, separate the rings and spread over the steak.
Pour over the contents of a tin of tomato puree (not tomato sauce or paste).
Place a thick slice of mild or tasty cheese on the top of the tomato puree, so it's also on top of each piece of steak.

All this can be done in advance, and kept covered with plastic wrap in the fridge.

When needed, preheat oven to 180°C. Remove the plastic wrap and place in the oven and bake for 50-60 minutes.
The meat will be tender and the top golden and chewy/crunchy.

Place some whole scrubbed potatoes on the oven rack also, and bake for the same amount of time.

8_is_enough, Feb 10, 9:39pm
Fry it oil with garlic and herb salt, don't over cook yummy.