It's in the fridge anyone think it will work?

julie_courtney, Jan 22, 8:06pm
About to take master 4 to day care at 10am and was struggling to fill his lunch box, missing out on his muesli bar so i had a go at making some.just made up the recipe.
2tbs peanut butter
3tbs honey
2tbs butter
1tbs brown sugar
All melted and nice colour
1 cup rice bubbles
1/2 cup rolled oats
crushed up choc bits

If it does work i will melt some choc over top

sarahb5, Jan 22, 8:55pm
I don't think it needs any more added sugar - will be bad enough for his teeth as it is, you'd be better giving him a bar of chocolate because at least the saliva will melt the chocolate off his teeth.Sorry to sound harsh but he'll thank you in the future if you stop the rot before it starts .

lyl_guy, Jan 22, 9:50pm
I think the winky face is a clue. it must be a wind-up, surely.This would be even funnier in 'parenting', lol!

rainrain1, Jan 22, 9:58pm
Does he jump into it before or after daycare!

sarahb5, Jan 23, 2:25am
Gotta hope it is but having checked out the other Recipes thread I'm not sure - both sugar-overloads are destined for her 4 year old apparently although it's not the sugar per se I have an issue with, it's the stickiness that does the real harm to teeth

gingercrush, Jan 23, 2:55am
Needs more sugar. I would suggest an extra spoon of peanut butter and 2 more spoons of brown sugar.

And double chocolate coating is absolutely necessary.

lyl_guy, Jan 23, 3:52am
. and add a little shot of espresso to make it coffee-flavoured.You could be onto a winner.

sarahb5, Jan 23, 4:04am
What about some artificial sweetener and orange food colouring to really beef it up!

davidt4, Jan 23, 4:20am
And some sweetened condensed milk!

sarahb5, Jan 23, 5:02am
Oh true - possibly even some mini marshmallows too!

elliehen, Jan 23, 7:43am
At least the OP did ask this question in her thread heading:

"It's in the fridge anyone think it will work!"

.so there can be no complaint about the honest answers.