Stocking up freezer

roseyglow, Jan 21, 8:22am
I've just filled mine (not cheap) but have a very good selection in there now - hows your freezer looking!

nfh1, Jan 21, 8:28am
Mine is full, it is always full.I have months of food for Justin Incase.

I have always been the same and it drives my husband mad!

roseyglow, Jan 21, 8:37am
trouble is i forget whats in there and go out and buy more

southerngurl, Jan 21, 8:38am
its about 2/3 full at the moment, got chicken breasts and porterhouse steak on the cheap last week. so we're all good for meats, theres already bags of sausages, chicken drums, chops, roasts, hams, mince etc. plenty of frozen veges, fries, chips, ducks, blue cod and the ready to cook pastas.

roseyglow, Jan 21, 8:45am
I like to have in some frozen hoki fillets the big juicy pieces from p n save or countdown

robyn35, Jan 21, 8:50am
I dont keep my freezer full anymore, after losing all the contents twice thanks to powercuts because of earthquakes its not worth the risk for me at the moment

narnas1, Jan 21, 11:27am
2 freezers here, got a fairly good selection, meats, chicken and veges, the odd pud and plenty of making for soups (stock and pre done veg), tend to stock up when things are on special - just got 5 x 2kg bags of chicken thighs ($6.47 e).

supercook, Jan 21, 6:44pm
My freezer is very sad after moving from North to South Island left alot of frozen meat to my Mum. So I have to start again restocking it's going to be expensive. Got some reduced mince last weekend so I spilt the packets up to smaller ones and made hamburger patties.

lythande1, Jan 21, 6:48pm
[quote=nfh1 I have months of food for Justin Incase.
[/quote]
So that's Just In In Case then.
Mines mostly full, bought the 4 monthly meat not so long ago, lots of garden produce in now too, beans, celery and so on.
Plus some bread, a few meals I've made for my work week when I can't be bothered cooking at 8pm, som herbs, and various leftover bits and pieces that all go in my freezer.

I don't do it in case of some sudden starvation - I do it for budgeting reasons.

kay141, Jan 21, 7:10pm
Justin lives in my house too. The freezer and the pantry are his hiding places but he is getting moved out this year. It is happening very slowly but it is happening. He puts up a hell of a fight.

toadfish, Jan 21, 7:30pm
MIne is full of Meat brought on special and RTC's but Its short on my "Meals in a Hurry".This has inspired me to get 2 kg's mince and make 2 x Cottage PIes and 2 x Lasagnes today.I put them straight from the freezer into the oven in the morning. let them defrost all day and set the auto timer.

nfh1, Jan 21, 8:05pm
LOL - my name is Sue my food stores are ridiculous!

I also have enough shampoo,conditioner, deodorant, shower gel etc to last two years!

dezzie, Jan 21, 8:46pm
LOL nfh, I'm the same, I did a spring clean in the bathroom the other day and emptied the cupboards under the vanity unit and found I had enough shampoo conditioner and liquid soap refills to last forever, oh and boxes of cussons imperial leather soap, because its hard to find now and I came across some in a massive special at somewhere like payless, for $1 for a box of 4 :( lol I'm one of those people who finds it hard to walk past a bargin.