Fridge/freezer help please

alebix, Jul 8, 10:44pm
Hi all,

I need to replace my fridge/freezer.

Can you please suggest any that you have found to be outstanding.

We currently own a 3 month old LG fridge/freezer but its going back(this is our 2nd one) as it has the same fault as the first one.

We did have a westinghouse that lasted 12 years.

cookessentials, Jul 8, 11:01pm
We are in the same boat and I have looked at the Westinghouse bottom mount freezer option at around $1700. I was also taken with the Mitsubishi that had a humidity drawer, but still dont know ifI would go that way. I would not buy F&P again

fisher, Jul 9, 1:33am
Mitsi... love ours... ice maker and all. . :} no more f&p for us...

cookessentials, Jul 9, 2:02am
Do you have the one with the humidity drawer fisher?

fisher, Jul 9, 2:05am
Yup... wouldn't be without it. . Only downfall is the freezer is smallish but we have a new 420 upright in the garage and use the small one in the mitzi for keeping basics. . Butter for cooking, ginger, pizza bases... bacon, that sort of thing. .
The top drawer in the freezer holds the ice, tortilla bases and pastry sheets and also kilo pkts of corn, peas, beans, carrots and cauli. .

cookessentials, Jul 9, 3:49am
It wont matter about the freezer size for us either as I have an upright in the laundry.

fisher, Jul 9, 4:35am
Just make sure you get the larger unit size one 400 + size. .
With just two of us now, we got the smaller S/S one at first and found it was too small, especially with summertime visitors camping out and all the food. . We have a small bar fridge for beers so keeps the boysand Kathy happy :} We have the space in our kitchen alcove for the HUGE multi door ($4000) Mitsi and Kathy is making noises. . ekkkk

noonesgirl, Oct 12, 10:19am
Looking at fridge/freezers. So F/P are a 'no, no'?