Lots of chillies

heathermary, Jan 19, 12:25am
I'm looking for recipes for bottled chilli sauce and bottled sweet chilli sauce. Does anyone have recipes that don't have too many exotic ingredients but taste good!

makespacenow, Jan 19, 12:45am
Tomato and chilli jam recipe if interested.1.5kg slow roated tomatoes, 1tbsp yellow mustard seeds, 150ml red eine vinegar, 75g fresh peeled root ginger chopped, 7 garlic cloves chopped, 5 red chillies, 140g caster sugar, 4 tbsp fish sauce.put roated tom in saucepan toast mustard seeds pound them to powder add to tom with all other ingredients place over low heat cook for 2hrs syirring regularly.store in fridge for week or so or up to three months in sterilised jars.
Chilli sauce.170g fresh chilli peppers, 170g chpped onions, 112g chopped cooking apple, 2 teaspoons dry mustard, 1 teespoon salt, 140ml distilled white vinegar.put chopped chillis with rest in a pan heat gently till it comes to boil turn down heat simmer untill all sofy and mushy and the sauce thickened sieve and pour into hot sterilised bottles. Has a habit of separating once cool so give it a shake before use.
You can also make own chilli vinegar or chilli infused oils.

pickles7, Jan 19, 1:01am
chili jamCrafted by myself.

1 kg of ripe tomato's
200 grams of hot chillies
300 grams of capsicums
800 grams of plums
1/3 cup of water
Put onto the stove to simmer and cook
add
4 tsp sea salt
2 tsp cayenne
1 tsp mace
2 tsp gr all spice
1 tsp gr. ginger
once cooked mouli, put back into the pot, bring back to the boil and add
800 grams of white sugar, boils 10 minutes. Pour into bottles, cork.

This is very sweet, it is extremely hot .
I made this two years ago, it was very nice. I used Red Savina, chili's.

pickles7, Jan 19, 1:07am
chili sauce.hotCrafted ny myself.
2 cups of white vinegar
2 teaspoons of sea salt
100 grams of halved Habanero, Red Savina, chili
I simmered them until the chili were soft, and the liquid reduced by half, there abouts
I poured all into a narrow necked glass jug and used the stick blender to break down all the seeds, etc
1 and 1/4 cups of sauce
I will mature it in the fridge for 3 months, then decide if it needs something else.

I use this for flavouring and adding heat to lots of dishes, rather than as a ,sauce.

jag5, Jan 19, 8:06am
CHILLI JAM - De seed:1 kg of chillis - put in pot with 60ml white wine vinegar, 800ml water, 200g sugar.Simmer until syrupy then blend. Can use as a dipping sauce or to spice up your food

jag5, Jan 19, 8:07am
Chilli Lime salt - 1 large fresh red chilli -1/2 cup flaky sea salt - finely grated zest of 2 limes

Remove seeds from chilli and slice flesh into tiny pieces.Mix with the sea salt and lime zest in a mortar and pestle or food processor and pound or blitz to form a fine crumb.If you want to store the salt for later use, dry it out in the oven at 150C for 30 minutes.
This salt adds zing to fish, chicken, beef or vegetable dishes. Great over pan fried steak, or over baked potatoes.

Could also add crushed garlic

jag5, Jan 19, 8:09am
HOT SWEET CHILLI SAUCE -40 Chillies
2 large cooking apples (or can of precooked)
3 cloves of garlic

Process all of the above in whiz

Add 1 tbspn plain salt
21/2lbs sugar
750mls of malt vinegar

Simmer all these for 25 minutes to ½ hour - Add 1 ltr can of tomato sauce.

Simmer another ½ hour

Bottle and cap when cold.

lynan, Jan 20, 11:17am
I have been making Peter Gordons Sweet Chilli Sauce for a couple of years now, it is divine! You could use bottled lemongrass ( from supermarket) if you cannot get fresh and substitute ginger for galangal.
http://foodandthoughts.blogspot.com/2005/03/best-sweet-chili-sauce-evah.html

ETA: I add extra chilli also.