I'm after a cover for my Kenwood

myrtie52, Jan 15, 4:58am
I have put Kenwood mixer cover in the search box but nothing shows up. Does anyone in here know where I can get my hands on one. Thanks in anticipation!

duckmoon, Jan 15, 6:16am
My aunt made one. In the 1970s by the look of the fabric.

My mother asked me to sell her ken wood ( when she went into care). Is sold the mixer, but kept the cover.

Sorry it doesn't help you. But I do like my aunts retro cover

elliehen, Jan 15, 6:23am
I sewed a cover for my cane picnic basket by making some simple alterations to a pillowcase.

lindylambchops1, Jan 15, 7:39am
I just googled

http://sewmamasew.com/blog2/2008/09/sewing-for-the-home-reversible-appliance-covers/

You can buy them too, just use the Google Search

nauru, Jan 16, 12:04am
You can order them direct from Kenwood UK, not sure of the price though. I have ordered from them in the past and their delivery is quick and postage reasonable. The plastic cover for my Kenwood Chef came apart after a while.Due to this, I made a cotton cover for minea lot of years ago and it's still good as new. You can buy patterns for appliance covers.

daleaway, Jan 16, 12:45am
I just throw a nice small tablecloth over mine - what used to be called an afternoon tea cloth. Easily washed, too.

wizardoo, Jan 16, 12:51am
over the past few months you have been very helpful. But you always suggest the obvious Google most people that use chat board can do that a lot of the times we want an answer that someone has tried/tested not off the cuff on line. And I do mean this in the nicest way

wizardoo, Jan 16, 12:53am
I have a pattern to make one if you could say what your decor is . The pattern has 3 different sizes. I will make one and put it up for auction

lindylambchops1, Jan 16, 1:21am
Fair comment!

lindylambchops1, Jan 16, 1:33am
Sorry to the OP for posting Google links!I was just trying to be helpful.I know not everyone has time to search through Google.Please forgive my stupity!

shop-a-holic, Jan 16, 5:32am
Well, Lindy.I don't think you did anything wrong at all.
None of us know whether the OP is searching for the Original Cover which was sold with the Kenwood, or perhaps wants to create one themselves. The model of Kenwood hasn't been supplied either, so I'm just wondering if all suggestions have been a little premature; given so little information supplied.

lindylambchops1, Jan 16, 5:46am
According to Wizardoo I did!

duckmoon, Jan 16, 6:46am
I often think ' have you tried goggle' before asking on here. E.g. Things like conversions from oz to grams are easily found on google.

elliehen, Jan 16, 6:57am
I've found that some are not as inventive when Googling as others and are often pleased with another person's Google results.You do have to be creative with the words you put in to a search engine to get the best result.

I'm in favour of letting everyone loose with whatever answers they want to provide to an original question - so go for it lindylambchops!

wizardoo, Jan 16, 11:18pm
x1
I was not saying you were doing the total wrong thing and I was not being nasty I was just pointing out that 90% of the time you answer someones question with a link. I was not trying to offend, upset or start a war if I have I am sorry

lindylambchops1, Jan 17, 12:36am
Well I tried to help !All ideas are useful surely even if they are Google answers.I know you didn't mean to offend but it did get to me a bit.I am a very sensitive kind of person.I like to try & help.Let's leave it here & let people post what they want to eh!

elliehen, Jan 17, 12:51am
I'd be happy if 100% of the time you answered with a link.Some people are better at research than others and are often quicker with a first response.

I'm sure a lot of posters value your links, as I certainly do.

myrtie52, Jan 17, 4:56am
lol at the google comments, I did before I came on here and saw that one is available from Kenwood but I was really after something made of fabric.
Sorry I havent been in sinceI posted this, been back at work and reallybusy so havent had time. not that I do it work. much! :-)

My Kenwood is a 701A and I have only had it since just after Christmas so still a newbie with it, I love it. I got it serviced and it runs like a dream.

Wizardoo I would be very interested in you doing an auction for me, how much are you looking at! (ball park figure of course).

Thanks to everyone that took the time to comment. :-)