Best store bought lemon curd?

kdan017, Jan 11, 9:51pm
Bought some barkers lemon and passionfuit patisserie filling - looked amazing, tasted fake and was full of thickeners with not even butter on the ingredients list. Don't have time to make curd today, whats your favourite brand!

sue1955, Jan 11, 9:59pm
That's a pity re Barkers. I only ever use their jar of Lemon Curd & I see on the list of ingredients there's - sugar, NZ lemon juice, glucose syrup, NZ butter (cream,salt), thickener, whole egg powder, flavour, salt, natural colour (carotene).

cookessentials, Jan 11, 10:00pm
Aunty Von's

kdan017, Jan 11, 10:06pm
Hmm that sounds much more like it - a real pity about the actual filling, can't get over how fake and jellyish it tastes and feels. Usually their products are amazing.

petal1955, Jan 11, 10:06pm
Agree the BEST by far !

cookessentials, Jan 11, 10:14pm
its as near to home made as you will get, although we have Lavenders Green down here which is Wairarapa made and very nice, but quite expensive.

sue1955, Jan 11, 11:02pm
thanks for that info re the patisserie filling. I went into the Barker's shop in Geraldine while I was on holiday recently & saw that product. As I was flying home the next day I realised I couldn't safely travel with it, so bought 6 jars of their various chutneys that I can't buy here.

cookessentials, Jan 11, 11:17pm
Yes, i noticed te Barkers one being so yellow! and it does look more like a jelly. We have a lady here in Masterton who makes the BEST lemon curd at about $2.50 per jar! it has shredded lemon zest in it.

alleycat01, Jan 11, 11:41pm
I have a mirowave lemon curd recipe, takes 8 mins :0) and its yummy!