Recipes for dips

Page 1 / 2
rainrain1, Jan 5, 4:57am
does anyone have recipes to make large quatities of dips for a big party crowd thanks

melindra, Jan 5, 5:06am
Pea and Feta dip!Tastes better than it sounds and it's easy.Goes well with rice crackers and vege sticks.Just peas, feta cheese and a bit of garlic.
Boil peas till they're soft, then drain and throw into a food processor.Blend to a paste with the feta, add a teaspoon or two of crushed garlic to taste.
I tend to just add the feta till it looks right, (like a dip!) but a good rule of thumb is half feta to the peas.IE, 1 cup peas, half a cup of feta.Hope you like it!:-)

tjman, Jan 5, 5:31am
Ok.doing this from memory, but delisious
Mexican layer dip
1st layer1 tin of mexican refries beans
2nd layersour cream mixed with 1 pkt taco seasoning,
3rd layer2 avocado mashed ,1 tsp lemon juice
4th layerchopped fresh ripe tomatoes, red onion, parsleysalt n pepper
5th layergrated cheese.
dont have the bowl too deep as they cant scoop the whole flavours, but dont have it wide as a med quiche dish.

babytears, Jan 5, 5:40am
Obviously increase the quantities as needed

Red Capsicum, parmesan and cashew - devine!

Either roast about 3-4 capsicum under the grill until the skins are black, or use a blow torch to blacken the skin. put them in a bowl straight from the oven then cover with gladwrap until they sweat and cool, peel the skins, de-seed and put into a blender and puree. I then added a tablespoon or so of olive oil, a handful of cashew nuts (or pinenuts if you prefer) and parmesan, seasoned with salt and pepper and blended some more. Voila! Great on crackers, etc

Depending on how juicy the capsicum are, you may end up with a runny mix. This has happened to me- all I did was pour the mix into a pot and stirred over a low heat until the mix reduces and thickens.

Freezes well too

jessie981, Jan 5, 5:43am
Check out the Dip recipes in the lefthand message board & increase amounts as required.

cookessentials, Jan 9, 1:35am
Smoked Salmon Dip
250g light spreadable cream cheese blend
50g red onion, chopped finely
100g smoked salmon, chopped finely
1 tbsp finely chopped fresh dill
1 tbsp finely chopped, drained capers
1 tbsp lemon juice
freshly ground black pepper

Place cream cheese in a medium bowl; stir until smooth.

Reserve a little of the onion, salmon, dill and capers to garnish. Stir the remaining ingredients into cream cheese.

For larger amounts, just double or triple the recipe to suit.

pickles7, Jan 9, 1:49am
bumped up the Guacamole thread for you.

mareehb, Jan 9, 1:57am
invite your friends over, daughter, grand daughters, and get them to do it!fill up the paddling pool, put some bubbly in the chiller and bob's ur aunty :)

cookessentials, Jan 9, 2:46am
Green Goddess Dip
250ml mayonnaise
1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
3 green onions, coarsely chopped
1 small clove garlic, coarsely chopped
4 anchovy fillets, coarsely chopped
2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
2 tablespoons chopped chives
1 tablespoon chopped tarragon (optional)
250ml sour cream

combine 1/2 cup mayonnaise in a processor with vinegar, green onion, garlic, anchovy, parsley, chives and tarragon (if using) and pulse until all ingredients are finely chopped. Transfer to a bowl, add remaining mayonnaise and sour cream, and whisk until smooth. Season, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.

rainrain1, Jan 9, 6:04am
Guaca ya wanna make those eyes at me for, when they don't mean what they say ay ay ay, when they DON'T mean what they say

xtownie, Jan 9, 8:16am
MUSSELL DIP
1 punnett mussells (drained
1 pottle cream cheese
1 small red onion
handfull chopped fresh parsley
1 Tbsp Tomato Sauce
2 tsp Worcester Sauce
Put it all in the Wizz untill well chopped and blended.
This dip also freezes well, I made plenty in advance to take away camping.

rainrain1, Jan 10, 9:59pm
I feel as though I have been there, done that, do I know you!

mareehb, Jan 12, 5:45pm
lets do it again soon then!xxxI'll bring some dip.Reduced cream, heaps of fresh crushed garlic, lemon juice of 1 lemon, and a packet of dried soup mix. and bickies

rainrain1, Jan 12, 7:03pm
Yes, save the lemon rind for the next time you make date scones lol, waste not, want not.I worked for a lady that used to say that, she was about as big as a blouse button.

sarahb5, Jan 12, 8:28pm
Anything that isn't reduced cream and soup mix would be acceptable to me - that stuff is gross, bleurk, horrid - can't stand the stuff, tastes of nothing but powdery flavouring - makes me gag to be honest.If all else fails a tub of sour cream mixed with relish is much, much better than that.

uli, Jan 12, 11:13pm
You mean raw soup mix out of a packet stirred together with "reduced cream" (not sure how you can "reduce" cream, but never mind)!

sarahb5, Jan 12, 11:50pm
Well isn't "reduced cream" what that nasty stuff in the can is called!Whatever - it's vile and can't think why anyone would think dry soup mix and canned cream would be a good combination .

vintagekitty, Jan 12, 11:57pm
I still like it!, I grew up eating it at my parents parties, and still will make it every now and again, for old times sake.

sarahb5, Jan 13, 12:18am
Will have to agree to disagree on this one I think - nostalgia is all very well but some things are best left where they are .

vintagekitty, Jan 13, 12:19am
lol oh absolutely, it would be boring if we all like the same old, same old.

sarahb5, Jan 13, 12:28am
Wouldn't it just - I cringe when I think of some of the dishes my mum used to serve at dinner parties in the 60s/70s thinking they were the height of chic but I also dread to think what my kids will remember about my cooking in 40 years!

rainrain1, Jan 13, 1:28am
mmmmmyeeeees I was thinking the same about you

davidt4, Jan 13, 1:51am
I think it was invented by home economists at Nestle to sell more Nestle's Reduced Cream and packet onion soup.For mysterious reasons it caught on (probably because it was so easy to make) and amazingly it's still around all these decades later.Most of those nasty promotional recipes die a quick death, thank goodness.

sarahb5, Jan 13, 3:41am
We went to a party not long after we arrived in this country and everyone else was raving about the chips and dip - I tried to like them, honestly I did, because the hostess had obviously gone to so much trouble and it all looked really good but even after 15 years here I just don't like either of them - thankfully there are now much nicer alternatives without necessarily having to make your own (sorry vk) - although no longer liking chips is actually a good thing, for my waistline at least!

cookessentials, Jan 13, 4:00am
This is one of our favourites.
Smoked Roe Pate'

250gsmoked roe
250g cream cheese
300ml sour cream
2 tablespoons chopped parsley
2 gherkins
salt
pepper
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon French mustard
Removeskin from roe. Put cream cheese into bowl; beat until soft and creamy. Add roughly chopped roe andbeat until well combined. Add sour cream, parsley, finely-chopped gherkins, salt, pepper, lemon juice and mustard; mix well. Spoon into serving bowl; cover, refrigerate overnight