Recipes for dips

Page 2 / 2
rainrain1, Jan 13, 4:58am
Drums fingers on the desk to the tune of 'She'll be Coming Round the Mountain' while waiting on sarahb5's best dip recipe

rainrain1, Jan 13, 5:06am
Have now shifted finger drumming to The Wiliam Tell Overture

pickles7, Jan 13, 5:33am
bumping up the Guacamole thread , I think it is in there.rainrain1.

rainrain1, Jan 13, 6:58am
yikes it will have to stay there

pickles7, Jan 13, 7:15am
lol OK

sarahb5, Jan 13, 8:42am
You'll be waiting a long time then won't you .

rainrain1, Jan 13, 9:32am
yea, but I don't care.I'm not going to look

gurlkiwi, Jan 14, 12:45am
Had this dip in Oz before xmas: SPINACH DIP.
Ingredients
Serves: 20
1 packet of chopped frozen spinach, defrosted
250g cream cheese, softened
250g sour cream
1 cup Miracle Whip or mayonnaise
1 30g packet of spring vegetable soup mix

Preparation method
Prep: 15 minutes | Extra time: 5 minutes
1.Put the spinach into a fine strainer and squeeze all the water out of it. If it is frozen, run hot water over it until it thaws. Place it on a chopping board and chop it into smaller pieces so that you don't have long strings of spinach in your dip.
2.In a medium sized bowl, beat the cream cheese until smooth. Add the sour cream, Miracle Whip and soup mix and stir until it is all mixed together and no lumps remain. Mix in the spinach. Keep in the fridge until serving. Serve in a small bowl with mini toasts all around or use your favorite crackers.

SO YUMMY! I couldn't stop eating it.reminded me a bit of salmon dip (uncanny as in reviews others said the same thing)

rainrain1, Jan 14, 12:49am
There are some great ideas here, thanks everyone.I can't wait to test drive some of those

seniorbones, Jan 14, 1:40am
I have a roast mushroom and port dip from ruth pretty it could be on her web sightif not I can post for you. It makes quite a lot.

seniorbones, Jan 14, 1:48am
just checked and its not. so if you would like it let me know and I will hunt it out

tandi_4, Jan 14, 2:44am
One pot of cream cheese and a tin of sweet chilli tuna . Mix together. Beautiful with crackers:

justme..., Jan 14, 5:51am
Thanks so much for sharing this, it's VERY YUMMY!

justme..., Jan 14, 5:52am
Can't wait to try this!

elsha00, Jan 14, 7:59am
Spring Vegetable Cob Dip
Makes heaps!
http://culinarylove.weebly.com/spring-vegetable-cob-dip.html

rainrain1, Jan 14, 5:35pm
I wonder why this recipe calls for refrigerated onions, apart from stinking out the fridge what would be the reason behind that!

pickles7, Jan 14, 6:34pm
The onions would have less juice in them. Par boiling them would also soften them, it would also preserve them a little.

rainrain1, Jan 14, 7:12pm
I can't see the point in it for the cob loaf recipe, they will soften in the mix

davidt4, Jan 14, 8:10pm
I think it's because the whole recipe is made up of convenience foods, including pre-sliced onions.

elsha00, Jan 14, 9:15pm
The refrigerated onions also don't seem to have the same 'bite' as freshly sliced onions, resulting in a more subtle onion flavor in the dip.