Help i have Lamb mince

petalbug, Jan 3, 5:24am
and want to cook it but into what! Im not sure but i do know i dont want tomatoes in it and am prepared to eat it with rice any ideas!

uli, Jan 3, 5:29am
Like any mince you can make rissoles, hamburgers, mince and tomatoes to go over fried egg plants or courgettes. Let your mind go wild :)

jmonster, Jan 3, 5:55am
Yum that looks really good toadfish

toadfish, Jan 3, 6:06am
You don't have to put them on skewers if you haven't got any. just have as meatballs.

tjman, Jan 3, 7:48pm
good old fashioned shepherds pie

tjman, Jan 3, 7:50pm
The gordon ramsey shepherds pie is the best and worth a try

sarahb5, Jan 3, 10:32pm
Moussaka, lamb burgers, bobotie - anything you would usually use beef mince for you can use lamb mince

dorothy_vdh, Jan 3, 10:42pm
we had moussaka last night, it was delicious

sarahb5, Jan 4, 12:20am
I love it too but I'm the only one in our house who likes egg plant (although not sure about Miss 20)

fec2003, Jan 4, 12:30am
Care to share your recipe! I've had it, but never made it. Time I had a go! x

bill241, Jan 4, 1:12am
Another vote for moussaka, its delicious

iriegirl, Jan 4, 1:59am
Must be moussaka week! We had it on the weekend! Yumm. I actually use lamb mince for all my mince dishes, prefer it to beef. Here's our fav meatball dish from the Maggi website.
Greek Meatballs in tomato sauce
500 g minced lamb
1 onion, finely chopped
1 tsp maggi Garlic Stock Powder
2 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
1/2 tsp ground allspice
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1/2 tsp ground cardamom
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp paprika
2 tsp oil
SAUCE
]1 packet maggi Tomato & Onion Soup Mix
2x400 g cans tomatoes in juice, chopped
2 tsp ground cumin, extra
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon, extra
1 tsp paprika, extra
1. Place lamb, onion, stock powder, herbs and spices in a bowl.Mix together well.Roll tablespoonfuls of mixture into balls.
2. Heat oil in a frying pan.Brown meatballs in batches, remove from pan and set aside.
3. To make sauce; combine soup mix, tomatoes and spices. Add tomato mixture to pan and bring to the boil, stirring.
4.Reduce heat and add meatballs.Simmer for 20 minutes
You couldserve these with rice or pasta, we have them with orzo, hummus and a green salad.

richard198, Jan 4, 8:55pm
Mousakka has tomtoes in it, so it wouldn't be suitable for OP.
If you're doing meat balls as above, I always add breadcrumbs; it makes the meat balls so much more softer to eat.

sarahb5, Jan 5, 12:39am
You can always sub tomatoes

richard198, Jan 5, 12:57am
Here's a genuine Greek Mousakka recipe (Chrissa Paradissis)

2 1/2 lbs. medium size aubergines (2 medium or large)
1 medium onion, chopped
1/4 cup butter
1 1/2 lbs. minced meat
1/2 cup white wine
3 peeled and chopped tomatoes (or 1 can)
Chopped Parsley
Salt and pepper
2 heaped Tbs toasted breadcrumbs
2 egg whites, slightly beaten
Olive oil for frying. Breadcrumbs.
2 egg yolks. 1 egg.
3 cups bechamel sauce
1 cup grated cheese
pinch nutmeg.

Cut aubergines in slices 1/2 in. thick. Sprinkle with salt and leave aside for 1 hour.
Saute onion with butter until soft. Add mince meat and 4 Tbs water. Cook stirring with a fork to break up mince. Add wine, tomatoes, parsley, salt and pepper. Simmer covered, for 45 mins. Remove from heat, add toasted breadcrumbs and the egg whites and stir well.
Rinse and wipe aubergines (paper towel). Fry them in olive oil on both sides. Grease an ovenproof dish 9 x 13 x 2 ins., sprinkle with breadcrumbs and cover the bottom with half of the aubergine slices. Spread on the meat mixture and cover with remaining aubergines.
Beat the egg yolks with the egg and stir into the bechamel sauce. Add 2/3 cup cheese and nutmeg and pour this over the aubergines, to cover the dish completely. Sprinkle with the remaing cheese and bake in a moderate oven for 45 mins. or until top is golden brown.