Cafe with good food and views in West Auck!

nunesy, Jan 1, 9:37am
I know this isn't strictly 'recipes' but figured foodies might know the answer to this more than the general public :-)Any recommendations of where I can take my lovely friend for brunch before she flies home!Would like to take her somewhere with nice views. thanks.

very_hotpants, Jan 1, 10:11am
Titirangi - Takahe

unknowndisorder, Jan 1, 12:39pm
The one opposite the Piha turnoff has awesome views, average food. Further down the road (Scenic Drive), Waitakere Lodge has good views and food (been a couple of years since there, but did enjoy the food and views).
Otherwise was reading that One Tree Hill does hi-teas, so while probably not great views, have a hi-tea and head for the Hill for the view afterwards ;)

Or pack a picnic and head wherever. A good one for that type of thing is the RainForest Train along Scenic Drive, where you can have a picnic at the end of the train trip (think it was that one - not the Waitakere Dam train, but that's cool too). Oops, just spotted brunch - the train won't work, I don't think.

marcs, Jan 1, 1:32pm
Blossoms if it is still operating. Used to love it when we lived there.

resolutionx, Jan 1, 2:22pm
La Vincci, Cafe -was good when I went there a year or so ago. Sit down the back and enjoy the sea/bush views!

410 Titirangi Rd, Titirangi (on the main drag).

ams7, Jan 3, 12:23am
Elevations in Waiatarua.

craig04, Jan 3, 4:49am
La Vincci has changed hands and gone downhill in a big way - I wouldn't recommend it at all - the food is awful and the coffee machine badly needs cleaning - I had the bitterest brew I've ever tasted from there 2 weeks ago and I sent it back and swapped it for a pot of tea instead.

craig04, Jan 3, 4:50am
Refreshment Room on Scenic Dr, quite close to Titirangi - a bit pricey, but delicious food. I think they're open for brunch, I've only been there for dinner.

darlingmole, Jan 3, 7:07am
I agree with marcs - Blosssoms is really really good - try the seafood chowder, it's so creamy and tasty with a big hunk of bread and you simpley cannot go past the toffee macadamia cake (so moist and dense) with whipped cream and custard!All their food is great.

marcs, Jan 3, 12:30pm
Darlingmole the Toffee Macadamia cake is/was my favourite too and loved their pancakes. I now live in Western Australia and have not had it for 4 years. Places to visit on my list when we visit are also Chapaati Indian Restaurant and Bunga Raya Restaurant. My favourite places when we lived in West Auckland.