The Best Gluten Free Chocolate Cake Recipes plse!

very_hotpants, Dec 31, 12:26pm
I have searched the message board for a Chocolate Cake that is Gluten Free and has no coffee in it. I am looking for one that is not thick and heavy but more fluffy like.
I have searched through the board and cant find one - have tried a few recipes but they are heavy and more pudding/desert like.

marcs, Dec 31, 2:47pm
Nigella has a chocolate orange recipe. Will see if I can find it.

marcs, Dec 31, 2:50pm
http://www.food.com/recipe/nigella-lawson-flourless-chocolate-orange-cake-303266

I acutally don't bother about boiling the orange. I zest the orange, then cut off the white bittter part, put everything in a blender ( not the white part. Throw that away) and blitz and then carry on with the recipe

davidt4, Dec 31, 8:30pm
I doubt that you'll find a light fluffy guten-free cake unless you use a commercial mix.I'll give you my favourite chocolate cake, which is moist and dense.Everyone loves it.

Chocolate Almond Cake (Elizabeth David)

Serves at least 8

125g bitter chocolate (at least 70% cocoa solids)
1 tab. brandy
1 tab. strong coffee
100g butter
100g caster sugar
100g ground almonds
3 eggs, separated

Preheat oven to 160° C.Butter an 18 cm round tin and line bottom with baking paper.

Put chocolate, brandy & coffee in a bowl over hot water and allow to melt undisturbed.Stir gently to combine.Add butter & sugar and combine.Add almonds and mix well.Beat egg yolks and mix in well.

Beat egg whites until firm, beat in a large tab. then pour chocolate mixture into remaining whites and fold in gently.

Pour into tin and bake 40 – 45 min until almost set but still a little soft in the centre.Cool completely in tin (best overnight).Turn out carefully.

radark, Dec 31, 9:21pm
200gm butter
150gm dark 70% chocolate
5 eggs separated
1/2 c caster sugar
1/2 c icing sugar
1 1/2 c ground almonds
melt the chocolate and butter together and mix until smooth
stir in sugars amd mix well
add egg yolks and mix well
beat egg whites until stiff then fold gently through chocolate mix
bake in a lined 23cm tin at 160 degrees celcius for 50-60 minutes
ice with ganache

very_hotpants, Jan 1, 4:13am
a friend made this one and we couldnt eat as we hate coffee. Its more for DD 4yrs and to use for birthdays cakes for the kids.

very_hotpants, Jan 1, 4:14am
Tried this one and very similar - the kids said it was like pudding.

nickyd, Jan 1, 5:41pm
Sophie Gray - Destitute gourmet - has a Gluten Free version of her Dana's Chocolate Cake in her book "Enjoy" .My sister who is Gluten Free - said its wonderful and everyone ate it up happily not realising it was GF

tracey183, Jan 1, 10:48pm
I have had the best success with normal recipes but use orgran gluten free flour mix instead of normal flour. My 8 year old is very fussy on texture but have always had success this way