Lemon / Coconut Cake Recipe!

kaddiew, Dec 30, 1:19am
x1
I made this cake years ago and have lost the recipe. It's an iced cake and DOESN'T have lemon syrup drizzled over after it's cooked.Very light and moist with strong lemony flavour. Does anyone have a recipe something like this! Many thanks.

kassie48, Dec 30, 1:55am
Hopefully someone will come in with Annabel Langbein's Coconut Lemon Cake. This is off here

125g 4oz Butter 2 Eggs 1 Teaspoon B Pwd. 1/4 Teaspoon Salt 1 Cup Coconut. 1 Cup Sugar. 1 Rounded cup Flour,. 1/2 Cup Milk. 1/2 Teaspoon Almond Essence.
Cream butter and sugar, add eggs and beat well. Add dry ingredients alternately with milk and dlastly coconut and essence. Bake 1 hour in moderate oven.
Lovely moist cake. I ice with a lemon icing. Has been a favourite for years. I also add coco powder to make it a choc cake and this is lovely too.

jaybee6 (755 )9:19 pm, Fri 4 Nov #1

kaddiew, Dec 30, 2:01am
Thanks kassie. That one doesn't have lemon juice in the actual cake, but sounds delicious!

kaddiew, Dec 30, 2:05am
Have just found this one on the Chelsea website which looks like it might be similar to my lost recipe.

Lemon Coconut Cake
1/2 cup coconut
1/2 cup lemon juice
1/2 cup milk
115g butter
1 1/4 cups sugar
3 beaten eggs
2 tsp grated lemon rind
2 1/4 cups flour
3 tsp baking powder
Combine coconut,lemon juice and milk in a bowl. Cream butter, sugar and lemon rind until light and fluffy.Add beaten eggs gradually.Fold in sifted dry ingredients, alternately with the coconut milk mixture.
Pour into a prepared square cake tin and bake at 180°C for 40 - 50 minutes. Ice with lemon icing topped with toasted coconut.

kassie48, Dec 30, 2:14am
Sounds yum, go with it. The other you could swap almond essence for lemon.

kaddiew, Dec 30, 2:19am
Good idea thanks!