Guacamole recipe!

Page 10 / 11
solsticer, Dec 27, 10:36am
Pineapple!!

BURN IT! BURN IT WITH FIRE!

evorotorua, Dec 27, 5:33pm
“Humility is the mother of giants: one sees great things from the valley; only small things from the peak.”
GK CHESTERTON The Hammer of God

rubyjane11, Dec 27, 6:44pm
its like a dog worrying a bone.

cookessentials, Dec 27, 7:19pm
And long ago voted

dbab, Dec 27, 8:28pm
Nastertions!

kindee, Dec 27, 8:57pm
Most of the innovative discoveries on cookery over the centuries come from unexpected blends of ingredients.

If you stick with the same old same old, cookery gets bloody boring!

I DARE any of you to actually try the Guac with pinapple before you judge it

mokaumoi, Dec 27, 9:07pm
To say nothing of nasturtiums, and aspersions!

smileeah, Dec 27, 10:26pm

rainrain1, Dec 27, 10:38pm

timetable, Dec 28, 3:37am
so voting this thread. honestly some adults . really.

nfh1, Dec 28, 3:42am
Why would you vote it - shows how much Christmas spirit there is around.

Makes me thankful I hate Guacamole!

timetable, Dec 28, 3:57am
lol!its a sad day in the christmas season if argueing over recipes of green stuff mashed with or without mayo 'shows' the christmas spirit.

lynan, Dec 28, 4:45am
Ummm, someone else may have pointed it out as I haven't read the whole thread.Richard198 you cant substitute cilantro for coriander or VV, they are one and the same. Just sayin'.

nfh1, Dec 28, 4:52am
LOL - showed how much there was on this thread - not many threads like this one though, most are just full of people giving their help without criticism - thankfully.

Although I must admit to finding this ever so slightly funny - but that may be my weird sense of humour or perhaps because I hate guacamole!

lynan, Dec 28, 5:00am

barbra1, Dec 28, 5:07am
Quote - Lynan.".Richard198 you cant substitute cilantro for coriander or V V, they are one and the same. Just sayin'.". glad someone picked up on that,tho' I think one is powdered seeds and one the plant.
Let each give their versions and then OP ( and others) can choose the recipe they like and forget the rest, without any one version being the 'Be all and end all'.Because . "if you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got". cooking is all about taste and finding new ones, we each have differing views on that. stop bickering and get on with having a lovely holiday period.

lynan, Dec 28, 5:13am
Coriander can come in seed form, powdered form, the leaves,. and the stalks are also important in Asian dishes. All from one plant known to us as coriander and to Nth Americans and those in the zone as cilantro.

ETA; My intention was to show richard198 that HE is not totally correct as he was quick to point out to others, and getting facts right is a good thing. I certainly do not intend to enter into an online B session tho'! lol

rubyjane11, Dec 28, 5:27am
its the personal put downs and superior attitudes displayed by some in this thread that beggars belief.

pickles7, Dec 28, 6:07am
yep and me, lol.

shalema, Dec 28, 6:24am
whew it is hot in this kitchen

elliehen, Dec 28, 9:59am

pickles7, Dec 28, 8:18pm
http://www.youtube.com/watch!v=RFCNPS_8kyk&feature=related
easier to follow this one, closer to the subject as well. enjoy

elliehen, Dec 28, 10:58pm
http://www.youtube.com/watch!v=3qdn4YBwIPo

A timely reminder to those recidivists, once again.

lynan, Dec 29, 4:45am
Ummm, someone else may have pointed it out as I haven't read the whole thread.Richard198 you cant substitute cilantro for coriander or VV, they are one and the same. Just sayin'. ETA; and just to add in case nobody has mentioned.Nigella has a gorgeous variation called Rocqemole, which includes blue cheese and jalapenos. Very very nice!

barbra1, Dec 29, 5:07am
Quote - Lynan.".Richard198 you cant substitute cilantro for coriander or V V, they are one and the same. Just sayin'.". glad someone picked up on that,tho' I think one is powdered seeds and one the plant.
Let each give their versions and then OP ( and others) can choose the recipe they like and forget the rest, without any one version being the 'Be all and end all'.Because . "if you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got". cooking is all about taste and finding new ones, we each have differing views on that. stop bickering and get on with having a lovely holiday period.
and Lynan, haha- that link proves the point of the original discussion - the recipe can be changed as one chooses.