Apricot Stuffed Chicken recipe,please

kiwibrit2, Dec 13, 5:52pm
Is this easy to do!would love recipe ideas, also Chicken Cordon Bleu - thanks. I really must get all my recipes together and sorted!A wet day job!

245sam, Dec 13, 8:03pm
kiwibrit2, have a look at:-

http://www.tegel.co.nz/index.php/pi_pageid/10/pi_recipeid/331

The recipe on that link is for Roast Turkey with Apricot & Orange Stuffing & Cranberry Port Sauce, but for a chicken the recipe could easily be halved if you wish - just use a smaller egg rather than worrying about halving an egg.

Hope that helps.:-))

kiwibrit2, Dec 14, 9:58am
I was really meaninga recipe for an individual chcken fillet stuffed with cream cheese I think, there was a dish at a restaurant last night but they ran out, it was very popular.

245sam, Dec 14, 12:13pm
How about this then kiwibrit2!

APRICOT CHICKEN
4 double boneless chicken breasts
150g cream cheese
1 cup frozen chopped spinach, thawed
1 x 410 can apricot pieces in light syrup, drained and the syrup reserved

Flatten the chicken breasts with a meat mallet or rolling pain.
Spread a quarter of the cream cheese over each chicken breast to within 1cm of the edges.On one side of each chicken breast place ¼ cup spinach, then top it with a quarter of the apricot pieces.Fold the chicken in half and secure it with toothpicks.Place all the chicken in a baking dish and pour over the reserved syrup.
Bake, uncovered, at180ºCfor35-45 minutes, until the chicken is tender.
To serve, cut the chicken into slices.
Serves 8.

This is not a recipe that I have personally used but hopefully it will help you to make the chicken dish that you're wanting to replicate.:-))

kiwibrit2, Dec 14, 6:08pm
Thanks 245sam - that sounds like the real thing!Preferred to see a recipe rather than guess, especially when we have others coming!

kiwibrit2, Dec 16, 5:40pm
It worked!Used chicken fillets and stuffed with chopped and soaked dried apricots and coated with a crumb mixture, will try it again but the Banoffi pie wasn't as good, must try harder!