Slice recipe using malt biscuits

trader-joy, Dec 2, 11:18pm
Please I have lost my recipe would appreciate alot if someone could post it

245sam, Dec 2, 11:24pm
trader-joy, do you have a name for the slice or can you give some idea of other ingredients in the "lost recipe"!Lolly cake is one recipe that springs to mind - I don't make it often but when I do, I always make it as a slice rather than a log.:-))

trader-joy, Dec 2, 11:27pm
Not sure it was like a fudge mix that you cook in the pot then break up malt biscuits thru it from memory

245sam, Dec 2, 11:43pm
Any indication of what flavour slice, trader-joy! Chocolate! Coffee! Ginger! Passionfruit! !

Without more info' it's very difficult to know exactly which recipe you're wanting.:-))

trader-joy, Dec 3, 12:09am
Hi chocolate .

propagator, Dec 3, 12:35am
Is it Hokus Cake!This is almost identical to Fudge Cake only with malt biscuits instead of wine biscuits.
Hope this helps.

245sam, Dec 3, 1:39am
trader-joy, it is either of these from trademecooks!

"Biscuit Fudge
10 tbspns butter, 1/2 cup sugar, 1 tbspn cocoa, 1 egg(beaten), 1/2 tspn vanilla essence, 2 pkt malt or wine biscuits Heat together butter, sugar and cocoa until well blended. Remove from heat and add egg and vanilla, mix well. Pour over the top of coarsely crushed biscuits and mix well. Press into tin and refrigerate. Sprinkle coconut over top before pressing into tin to give it a bit of bite. keep the biscuits coarse, you’ll have a soft crunchy fudge"posted by pam.delilah

or

"YUMMY TEXAN SLICE
100g butter, melted 250g malt biscuits, crushed 2 cups walnut pieces, chopped roughly & lightly toasted 1.5 cups milk choc buttons, chopped (I left mine whole) 1 cup sultanas 3 cups desiccated coconut 500g sweetened condensed milk (about 1.5 cans) Mix together butter and biscuit crumbs, press into 20 x 30cm slice tin, greased and lined with baking paper. Mix together all other ingredients and roughly press into tin. Bake at 160c for 30 mins or until lightly browned. Don’t overcook. Should be moist and sticky. (Cover with baking paper if starting to brown too quickly) Cut when cold. Makes 18 pieces. (I cut mine smaller). THIS IS REALLY LOVELY, I CONSTANTLY GET REQUESTS FOR MORE!
posted by rarogal":-))

willman, Dec 3, 5:38am
Got this recipe off the christmas baking last year.

2pkts crushed malt biscutes,put into a bowl and add, 1/2 cup red chopped glace cherries and 3/4 cup chopped crystalised ginger or chopped dried apricots ( or both is nice ).
Then in a jug put 1 can of condensed milk and 200 grms butter.Melt in microwave in short bursts untill butter is melted.Then mix everything well together.
Press into lined swiss roll tin,make sure it is well spread out,put into fridge for an hour to set.

Will keep in fresser, well.