Help I need no fail fudge recipes

somethingsexy, Nov 24, 11:44pm
I am on a very low budget for xmas this year and have decided I will make some different fudges and put a few of each into pretty jars for people like the in laws and my sister those picky people you can never buy for.But I always fail when making russian fudge does anyone have a fantastic recipe I can use!

pheebs1, Nov 25, 1:09am
great idea
google nigella lawsons you tube on chocolate pistachio fudge
essentially its one can of condensed milk to 350 gms chocolate
and 2 tbs of butter ooh check that might be less
melt in a pot till just combined not too long so as not to seize
add what ever you like!

i couldnt find pistachios and they are expensive
but almonds crush or even some sort of red jelly sweet/cherries
would be nice

add itquickly pour into a mould/cake tin
refrigerate to set
slice when cold and you can get cheap celophane bags in i think bunches of 10 or 20 from the $2 shop
tie with a ribbon
done

i made for hubbys birthday couldnt be easier
doesnt keep too long as its a soft fudge rather than a hard one so make the night before

pheebs1, Nov 25, 1:10am
there is a microwave russian fudge on here that is fool proof also
i have done that for xmas one year in cheap waregouse jars
makes a tonne

pheebs1, Nov 25, 1:12am
Russian Fudge

Condensed milk gives this fudge extra richness.
3 cups sugar, ½cup milk, ½ x200g can condensed milk, 2 Tbsp golden syrup
125g butter, cubed. 1 tsp vanilla, ½-1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
Combine first five ingredients in a high-heat resistant microwave (12 cup capacity) bowl or large saucepan. Microwave on high, stirring every 2 minutes or cook over moderate
heat, stirring continuously, until either mixture forms a soft ball, for about 15 minutes.
Remove from microwave oven or stovetop. Add vanilla and~wa1nuts and beat for 4-5 minutes until mixture starts to thicken. Pour quickly into 20cm pan lined with a strip of baking paper. Leave until firm. Tip from pan then cut into squares.

dollmakernz (222 )

sarahb5, Nov 25, 1:38am
This is Nigella's chocolate fudge recipe - I'm going to give it a go this weekend although I'm going to add some cranberries as well to make it Christmassy:

Ingredients
350g/12oz dark chocolate, at least 70 per cent cocoa solids, chopped
1 x 397g/14oz can condensed milk
30g/1oz butter
pinch salt
150g/5¼oz unsalted pistachios, shells removed

Preparation method
1.Place the chopped chocolate, condensed milk, butter and salt into a heavy-based pan over a low heat and stir until melted and well combined.
2.Place the nuts into a freezer bag and bash them with a rolling pin, until broken up into some large and some small pieces.
3.Add the nuts to the melted chocolate mixture and stir well.
4.Pour the mixture into a 23cm/9in square tray, smoothing the top with a wet palette knife.
5.Let the fudge cool, then refrigerate until set.
6.Cut into small pieces approximately 3cm x 2cm/1¼in x ¾in. Cutting 7 x 7 lines in the tin to give 64 pieces best achieves this.
7.Once cut, the fudge can be kept in the freezer - there's no need to thaw, just eat straight away.

somethingsexy, Nov 25, 9:57pm
Thanks everyone I'm deff going to do the ginger fudge as it sounds a bit flash lol and considering a black forest type fudge with some of Nigella's choc fudge :-)

crunchie3, Nov 26, 8:41am
This is the one I ALWAYS make!, you could never tell it was made in a microwave and its just beautiful.I have bought some beautiful square red glassed bowls in farmers half price sale and I will also be making about 8 batches of russian fudge to put in them and pretty up with cellophane and ribbon.Does anyone know where I can get some cellophane that dosnt smell toxic!, bought some today from King Dollar shop.Peeeewwwwww. Not near my food LOL

sammy_girl, Nov 26, 8:49am
go to a florist they will sell it to you by the metre.

crunchie3, Nov 26, 9:01am
Thanks I never even thought of going there!

armanicaroline, Nov 26, 9:21am
check out asters fudge recipe on goodmorning tried it and was yummy n easy to make

armanicaroline, Nov 26, 9:22am
but i didnt use walnuts just doubled the pastacios maybe almonds would work just aswell and cheaper too

keysie, Nov 26, 11:42pm
pheebs1 wrote:
Russian Fudge

Condensed milk gives this fudge extra richness.
3 cups sugar, ½cup milk, ½ x200g can condensed milk, 2 Tbsp golden syrup
125g butter, cubed. 1 tsp vanilla, ½-1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
Combine first five ingredients in a high-heat resistant microwave (12 cup capacity) bowl or large saucepan. Microwave on high, stirring every 2 minutes or cook over moderate
heat, stirring continuously, until either mixture forms a soft ball, for about 15 minutes.
Remove from microwave oven or stovetop. Add vanilla and~wa1nuts and beat for 4-5 minutes until mixture starts to thicken. Pour quickly into 20cm pan lined with a strip of baking paper. Leave until firm. Tip from pan then cut into squares.

Just made this one, easy and delicious. Make sure you use the 12 cup microwave dish.

sarahb5, Nov 27, 1:19am
Made Nigella's chocolate fudge with a mix of pistachios and cranberries - absolutely delicious and really, really easy.I stuck the pistachios in the freezer to make it easier to break them up.

bev00, Nov 26, 8:02am
marvellous Xmas gift ideas

zambesi2, Nov 26, 10:05pm
Can anyone tell me about Jo Seagers fudge recipe.I got a bit confused LOl about the liquid glucose.I bought some in a bottle but not sure if its the same thing or not.Does anyone have the recipe as well!

pheebs1, Nov 26, 11:05pm
i make this one also and as pams choc drops come in 400gm bags i just put the whole bag in then your sure it will set
i think its 2 teaspoons of butter but you can you tube and watch her do it

this works nicely with white choc, pistachiosare $6 for 100 gm
which is a horrendous price but blanched almonds are $1.79 a bag just dry roast them for a few mins till fragrant and pale golden , cool , chop and then add to your choc/fudge mix just before pouring
dries cranberries arent to expensive and you dont need to add alot for great color and flavor
the great thing about this recipe is no whipping and i actually do it in the microwave
butter condensed milk and choc- 3mins high stir in nuts(or not) and then pour into a lined tray and refrigerate beautiful!

melisk, Nov 27, 7:18pm
Try searching fudge, or looking in the index of Bakingmakesthingsbetter.com - they have heaps.