Anyone have a good chocolate pie recipe!

katje, Apr 29, 9:21pm
bump Im going to try this recipe finally

gardie, Apr 29, 9:33pm
The one on last nights Masterchef looked pretty scrummy.

momma1, Apr 29, 11:11pm
i make this one but use brought sweet pastry and bake blind, it is very rich but always get good feedback from people and have actually had requests to make again:http://uktv.co.uk/food/r-
ecipe/aid/597473.
I don't make the creme anglaise lol. and if you're worried about the eggs they cook in the heat of the cream.

nana_gee, Nov 10, 7:02am
Katje you might like to try this recipe,
Chocolate Tart

1 3/4 cups flour, 3/4 cup icing sugar, 175 g butter, well chilled, 1 egg, 1 1/2 cups cream,3/4 cup milk, 1/2 cup brown sugar, 1 tablespoon cocoa ,200g dark chocolate chopped,4 eggs.
(1) Place flour and icing sugar in the bowl of a food processor. Roughly chop butter and add to the flour, mixing to a breadcrumb consistency. Add eggs and pulse until mixture comes together---if needed, add a small amount of chilled water. Wrap pastry in plastic cling film and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
(2) Preheat oven to 180c. Roll pastry out to about 3mm thick and line a 28 cm tin.
(3) Bake pastry with baking paper, then place rice or dry beans on top and bake blind for 15 minutes. remove covering and cook for a further 5 minutes until pastry is lightly golden. Reduce heat to 160c.
(4) Place cream, milk, brown sugar, cocoa and chocolate in a small saucepan. Stir over a gentle heat until chocolate has melted and mixture is smooth. Allow to cool until just warm.
(5) Whisk eggs and combine with chocolate mixture. Pour filling into tart shell and cook for 30 minutes until tart is just set but stll slightly wobbly in the centre.
(6) Allow to cool and serve at room temperature.
Can be stored for several days in the fridge.

lynja, Nov 11, 5:03am
have a look on the food lovers recipe site. helen jackson had her favourite chocolate pie recipe on there. i have made it twice and it is very good.

eastie3, Nov 11, 7:15am
Just wondering katje,have you seen The Help (the movie) !

katje, Nov 11, 8:12am
THAT sounds awesome

katje, Nov 11, 8:13am
Hahaha I forgot that ;) Yes Ive seen it- it did not deter me from pies but it did give me a huge fried chicken craving

daisybel, Nov 22, 7:22am
The chocolate tart as mentione at www.foodlovers.co.nz is very good - try it with good vanilla ice cream and raspberries. I tried to paste the url but it was too long and didn't work.