Pretty low carb.

mszx300, Nov 15, 5:14am
Or something like this

Fruit delight
1 packet diet orange jelly crystals
200ml boiling water
1 cup apricot halves in natural juice drained
1 x 200ml tub diet fruit yoghurt
Dissolve jelly crystals in 200ml boiling water. Pour into food processor/blender with apricots and puree together. Add in yoghurt, blend till mixed. Pour into dessert dishes, chill till set

lythande1, Nov 15, 6:04am
Eliminate the sugar.
If they are on insulin, t doesn't matter they can take extra for one day.
If not on insulin, well, avoid all sugar and limit carbohydrates. If you use fruit without sugar, it's not sugar - it's fructose which doesn't have the same effect.

timturtle, Nov 15, 6:13am
Ambrosia

300ml of cream – beaten
½ cup unsweetened yoghurt
1 punnet of strawberry’s sliced
2 cup frozen boysenberry’s – drained, keep some juice for colour
75g packet of sugar free marshmallows

Mix beaten cream and yoghurt until smooth, then add the rest of the ingredients and combine, refrigerate for a few hours then serve.

PS: I know nothing about diabetic eating, so this recipe my not be o/k !

amiri1, Nov 15, 6:14am
Cheesecake made with a ground almond base is good, I'm sorry I don't have an actual recipe, I just mix philidelphia cream cheese, melted chocolate and whipped cream together and put it on a baked ground almond base (ground almonds and butter, baked until a light golden).

Cream puffs made with unsweetened cream and a dark chocolate ganache are fairly easy on the blood sugars and easy to make.

Try not to go overboard on eating and taking extra insulin, it can affect you for a few days.
Anything ending in 'ose' is probably a sugar and they all act pretty much the same just at very slightly different speeds.

amiri1, Nov 15, 6:15am
Timturtle that sounds perfect for a diabetic dessert!

bubbles46, Nov 15, 7:59pm
This is my late nana's recipe Diabetic apple crumble. 6 sliced apple, 2 tbspn sultanas, 1/2 C water, 1/2 tspn all spice. Cook above until tender.cool. For the topping 1 1/2 Tbspn self rasing flour, 3 Tbspn coconut,1/2 tspn vanilla, 1/2 tspn sweetener, 20g butter or marge, 1 weetbix crushed. Mix all dry ingredients together, rub in butter. Sprinkle over cooled apples. Bake 20 mins in a moderate oven.

glynsmum, Nov 15, 8:08pm
Wow thanks all of you and thank you tim turtle for christmassy photo now to find un sweetened marshmallows

litedelites, Nov 15, 9:28pm
How about this

Peanut Butter Chocolate Cheesecake

Ingredients:

2 x 250g packages of cream cheese
1 (4 serving) pack of instant chocolate fudge pudding mix
2/3 c non fat dry milk powder
1 c water
¾ c whipped topping
1 chocolate pie crust
6 tbspns peanut butter
1 (2 ½”) chocolate biscuits, made into crumbs
1 tbspns chopped dry roasted peanuts

In a large bowl, stir cream cheese with a sturdy spoon until soft.Add dry pudding mix, dry milk powder and water.Mix well using a wire whisk.

Blend in ¼ cup whipped topping.Carefully spread into pie crust.Refrigerate while preparing topping.

In a medium bowl, stir peanut butter with a spoon until soft.Fold in remaining ½ cup whipped topping.Spread mixture evenly over cream cheese filling.Evenly sprinkle chocolate biscuit crumbs and peanuts over top.Refrigerate for a least two hours.

For an extra special topping shave white chocolate over the top just before serving.

Makes: 8 servings

Notes:This is an American recipe and we do not have some of the items listed in ingredients.

1. You will have to make up your own pie crust.Do this by crushing biscuits and mixing this with butter or Flora Light.
2. Whipped Topping Mix (this is a low fat alternative to whipped cream)
3. I used Philadelphia Lite Cream Cheese
4. I used less peanut butter (only 2 tablespoons)
5. You can use different flavoured instant puddings and mix in other flavours into the topping mix to create a number of different cheesecakes – sugar free/low cal instant puddings

From
Trudy

glynsmum, Nov 16, 1:59am
Thanks again have printed them all

minn1, Nov 16, 2:29am
There are alsorts in a series of recipe books put out by an Australian lady,called "Symply 2 good 2 be true"-3 volumes I think.have a look to see if there is a website(sorry,not looked myself,slooooow dialup) Cant remember her first name but her surname is Sym. I'v used ones from there and they are brilliant ! Not designed especially for diabetics, but heaps of diabetic friendly recipes and tips :)

deered, Nov 16, 2:33am
50g of fructose will evelvate the BG at a slightly slower rate than 50g of glucose, but it will still screw you over!

somethingsexy, Nov 16, 2:48am
I agree Timturtle I have type1 diabetes and am going home to make a bowl of ambrosia now

uli, Nov 16, 4:12am
It will especially screw your liver over :)
Fructose is best avoided!

susievb, Nov 16, 6:01am
Chocolate Mousse from the diabetic society, serves 8, 72cals, carbo 5g.

1 tablespoon of gelatin, 1 1/2 tablespoon cocoa, 1 teaspoon coffee, 1/2 cup hot water, 375ml tin of evaporated skimmed milk chilled, 1 teaspoon vanilla essence, 1/2 to 1 tablespoon artificial sweetener.
mix gelatin, cocoa, coffee, and water in bowl and microwave for 1 min, mix so blended and no lumps. In food processor beat/whip the chilled evaporated milk until thick and frothy, Add all the rest until all one colour -so well whipped. Pour into one bowl or 8 individual dishes and chill in fridge, can be made ahead a day or eaten 10 mins later once chilled down.

I have had this many times and non diabetics come back for more too.