Desserts for Christmas

Page 2 / 2
rubyjane11, Nov 22, 9:36am
Nigella Lawson.girdlebuster pie

valentino, Nov 22, 8:13pm
Hmmm, Ice Cream is a must to go with most desserts but try this this.

Using a tupperware Ring Mould with that centre hole in it will take a 2 litres of icecream (your choice) and re-freeze it then make a nice white Chocolate ganache, take the icecream out of mould and cover all sides including the bottom with this Ganache ( when doing the bottom first spread ganache over then place a piece of baking paper over it and flip over and continue with other sides) then glad wrap - Firm Plastic plate under, back into the freezer to freeze.
When ready to serve, remove wrap and cover with either a nice butterscotch sauce - or decorated with sliced fruits and-or berries with a very light dusting of icing sugar.
Very easy to serve by slicing like a cake.

Cheers.

spongeypud, Nov 22, 10:37pm
If you have any kids, try a fresh fruit jelly, I make it in those Aunt Betty's spongey pud plastic containers, just cut a mixture of fruit up small and pour in the jelly. Don't use pineapple though it doesn't set.

waswoods, Nov 23, 1:56am
I'm going to make a Christmassy type Creme Brulee and chocolate meringues which I'll serve with berries and cream. Oh and some want Christmas Pud so I've bought a few small ones

chooky, Nov 23, 5:33am
I'm on desserts this year too. Going to do a few but all small. Mini xmas mince pies, bonaffe pies, truffles, mini cheesecakes. Have brought plastic shot glasses and going to some sort of chocolate mousse thingie, red and green jelly together (just found out how to to that on recipe board), something else in the shot glass and then a platter of dark and white chocolate strawberries. Hopefully I'm going to get mince pies and bonaffee pies done this weekend and into the freezer.

lisa7, Nov 23, 10:28am
Would love to kno if the strawberry cloud cake thaws out
quickly.

valentino, Nov 22, 8:13pm
Hmmm, Ice Cream is a must to go with most desserts but try this this.

Using a tupperware Ring Mould with that centre hole in it will take a 2 litres of icecream (your choice) and re-freeze it then make a nice white Chocolate ganache, take the icecream out of mould and cover all sides including the bottom with this Ganache ( when doing the bottom first spread ganache over then place a piece of baking paper over it and flip over and continue with other sides) then glad wrap - Firm Plastic plate under, back into the freezer to freeze.
When ready to serve, remove wrap and the paper then cover with either a nice butterscotch sauce - or a nice fruit syrup or - and decorated with sliced fruits and-or berries with a very light dusting of icing sugar.
Very easy to serve by slicing like a cake.

Editing to add that sauce can run into the middle and create a well.

Cheers.

bedazzledjewels, Dec 17, 4:47am
And bump for another year.

vicki_r, Dec 17, 8:08am
I agree, what is it with the hype about Strawberry Cloud cake! Wouldn't bother making it again. Heaps of superior recipes out there. It's blah taste wise, simple to make so maybe that is the allure!

lindylambchops1, Dec 17, 8:40am
OMG!thanks for posting that looks easy peasy & delicious!

badams1, Dec 17, 8:47am
oh guys, this threads a goodie. got me thinking, now what am i goin to make. happy christmas to all x

olwen, Dec 17, 8:58am
I did a Xmas pudding icecream years ago.Soak dried fruit in the liquor of your choice, soften icecream (chocolate is good) fold fruit through and re-freeze in a bowl.You can turn it out and slice it.

chooky, Dec 17, 9:03am
I'm going to have a go at that too, never made one before, how do you do the maple cream. Thanks.

lindylambchops1, Dec 17, 9:26am

bigsneak, Dec 17, 9:33am