Apricot chicken dish.

korbo, Nov 1, 9:56pm
decided to cook this for dinner for visitor, and do not have a packet mix in pantry, cant get to shops.

Does anyone have a recipe, i know it has onions and a tin of apricots.(got those)
thanks

cgvl, Nov 1, 10:57pm
I sure there's an Alison Holst version but unfortunately I don't have the Dollars and sense cookbook to hand.
Maybe someone else does who can help. I tried to find the ingredients list off Maggi website for it but couldn't. from memory I thinnk it has some herbs and !curry powder in it.
Someone may have a packet in their pantry that could help out. Good luck.

chatsmom, Nov 1, 11:14pm
If you don't have only soup mix thats fine.
Into a casserole dish put the chicken pieces, one chopped onion, can of apricots plus the juice and then either add another can of water or stock. You can add a tsp of mixed herbs and curry powder but I never worry about the curry.
It would also be nice with 1 tsp of ginger powder too.

bisel, Nov 2, 2:41am
Cut into serving pieces approx 600g boneless/skinless Chicken, and put into baking/serving dish.
Make a sauce with 4T Tomato sauce, 2T Soy sauace, 2T Worcestershire sauce, 4T white flour, 1/4 t powdered ginger.Drain the juice from 1x420g tin of apricot pieces or halves into the sauce and mix well to take out any lumps.
Cut the Apricots into smaller pieces if desired and add to the chicken. Pour the sauce over.Cook covered in 175 degree C oven for around 45 minutes.

spot20, Nov 2, 3:02am
I have a friend who make a delicious chicky cass with aprcots and gingerale!
I must get the recipe sometime.

korbo, Nov 2, 8:41am
catsmum. made your recipe and it was devine. thanks.
like the sound of chicken and gingerale. recipe if you could