Bottle of Liquid Coffee

colbarch, Nov 12, 1:25am
Could someone please tell me if you can still buy the tall bottles of liquid coffee (Greggs I think).I tried buying one in the Supermarket yesterday but they didn't seem to know what I was talking about.I need it to make a drink so don't really knowif I could use anything else.
Many thanks

kassie48, Nov 12, 2:07am
Know the one you mean Was it Bushells Chickory Essence or similiar! Maybe check Countdown Online

I was right. Here tis
http://www.bushellscoffee.co.nz/products-cce.html

lilyfield, Nov 12, 3:23am
just use a bit of instant coffee- hot or cold

buzzy110, Nov 12, 3:36am
A good suggestion but nothing matches that jar of coffee and chicory essence. It is amazing that it is still being made and marketed.

korbo, Nov 12, 3:39am
purrfect for when you want something different.
I have it as my first coffee in the morning (6am), and now and then especially if it is a cold wet winters day, made with milk in the m/wave.
The only coffee for making coffee cake.
Our special treat is the coffee and milk in the tin/tube. We always have this on Christmas morning, and when we go away travelling in our camper.
It is available in all shops here.
Not sure, maybe someone can tell.does it have caffine in it.!

buzzy110, Nov 12, 3:54am
Caffeine in what - the coffee and chicory essence or the tube of coffee and milk!

Anything with coffee will have caffeine unless it specifically says it is decaffeinated. You will know soon enough if it doesn't have caffeine, anyway, if you always drink tea or coffee and it is your only coffee or tea in the morning, because by lunchtime you will have one mother of a headache, or at least your eyes will be starting to become light sensitive.

sue1955, Nov 12, 5:31am
my local New World has it.

kinna54, Nov 12, 5:47am
It is in the essence aisle in my local New World supermarket, not near the coffee or tea section, which is maybe why you can't find it.
I buy it to make coffee cake.*Bushells* as in the link posted.
If you really can't find it, then make a *very strong* solution of instant coffee, and add a few drops of vanilla essence, it will give a similar flavour.
The tube of coffee and milk will give a different flavour, more like coffee and condensed milk.

cottagerose, Nov 12, 5:54am
I think this coffee would make a lovely iced coffee also

colbarch, Nov 13, 8:03am
Thanks so much for your info. Will try again this coming week.