I have 2 litres of cream.

wheelz, Oct 26, 8:37pm
can I freeze it! Will it still beat up when defrosted!

antoniab, Oct 26, 8:47pm
I freeze any extra cream I have - but I havent tried beating it after thawing - I usually use it for adding to soups or pasta dishes.

vmax2, Oct 26, 10:32pm
I beats up well after freezing.I freeze some for the winter when we're not milking and make butter from it or just beat it up for puddings.

wheelz, Oct 27, 12:27am
thanks .off to freeze it

wheelz, Nov 4, 7:31pm
Well.it didn't beat up well after freezing! Separated on beating.

buzzy110, Nov 5, 1:55am
That's interesting. vmax has her own cows so the cream is sure to have a greater amount of milk fat and be unpasteurised. Another poster in here has had trouble whipping fresh Pam's cream. She rang the company and they blamed it on all sorts of things, but in the past I have never heard of, or experienced difficulty whipping up cream. I blame it on the low fat fad. They are probably using the extracted fat from milk to make cream or something equally as underhand, making the quality not up to what we have come to accept.

nfh1, Nov 5, 2:54am
I got some Meadow Fresh out of the freezer this morning and have just beaten it and it is fine, you would not know it has been frozen.

What sort was yours wheelz!

hanmer, Nov 5, 9:35am
i think it freezes better when beaten first and then in the freezer.try to defrost it in the fridge over night or so - not on the bench.i have tried it fm ther freezer.one time a winner, 2nd time not.

nzrose7, Nov 5, 11:24pm
You could whip it and pipe into swirls, freeze, and can use from frozen.

nzrose7, Nov 5, 11:25pm
I wonder if she had the lite cream in error.Great for coffee, but cannot whip it.