Homemade icecream

monofoil, Oct 20, 8:40pm
hi! Does anyone know the homemade recipe for icecream that has cream and condensed milk!

jessie981, Oct 20, 10:15pm
From lefthand message board

No eggs. Recipe is whip 500mls cream to thicken, fold in one tin condensed milk. Stir in 1tsp vanilla ess, and add 3 choc bars such as moro or crunchy, chopped to corn size. Mix and freeze for 8hrs. I actually added 2 choc bars and some rasberrys so can experiment with flavours. Enjoy!

Quotedolphin9 (229 )8:09 pm, Fri 22 Jul #7

pickles7, Oct 21, 12:00am
I just found this in an old Edmond's book.
I have not made it.
Make a Blancmange with
1 pint of milk
2 Tablespoons of sugar
2 good Tablespoons of corn flour
1 teaspoon of vanilla
cool
Add 1 can of sweetened condenced milk
beat well, freeze

wildflower, Oct 21, 2:40am
Broken up Oreos are really good in the cond milk, cream and vanilla essence version, I did that several times last summer and preferred it to bought ice cream.Or hokey pokey broken into small pieces.

I'm going to try the licorice version soon.

monofoil, Oct 21, 3:09am
thanks guys, didn't think of searching there, I have made a similar blancmange one, yummy! I have some frozen berries to use, so will make one tomorrow and let you know how it turned out!

monofoil, Oct 22, 9:43am
I did cream and condensed milk and put strawberries, blueberries and blackberries in - was very nice!

mary92, Oct 22, 9:58am
Has anyone tried a Ice Cream Maker is so how was the Ice Cream please

falcon-hell, Oct 22, 5:48pm
i have bought one,but i am yet to make room in my freezer,so i can put the bowl in.

greerg, Oct 23, 5:52am
I have a Cuisinart and the icecream is delicious!Reapsberry and white chocolate is probably my favourite

marcs, Oct 23, 12:43pm
I made Annabelle Langbiens recipe. It is very yummy and does not crystalize. It is on her website.

falcon-hell, Oct 24, 1:44am
do you mean raspberry! if not what is reapsberry!

freerider5, Oct 24, 2:39am
Yes Ive made first recipe and added ingredients to it eg boysenberries - lovely

kuaka, Oct 24, 7:55am
Yes, have to agree it is yummy, and actually works out cheaper than "ordinary" Tip Top when that's not on special (I noticed at Countdown last week that a 2 litre tub of Tip Top not on special is $8.99 which I thought was a crazy price)

marcs, Oct 24, 12:26pm
kuaka that is a crazy price. Here in Auz we pay that for 4 litre ice cream and I thought that was crazy. Lol.

kuaka, Oct 24, 7:32pm
I know, I couldn't believe it.Even the local Four Square shop has it at $7.99 when it's not on special.

wildflower, Oct 25, 2:40am
Damn, we haven't had any ice cream since last summer, didn't realize it had got so dear.Sure won't be buying it not on special.

bunnyangel, Oct 25, 7:36pm
Could you please give the recipe for Cuisinart Raspberry and white chocolate ice-cream recipe! I have a Cuisinartice-cream maker but it doesn't have a recipe for this in the booklet.Sounds lovely.

korbo, Nov 7, 4:21am
I am wanting an icecream recipe that uses gelatine and evaporated milk. my mum used to make it, cant find it in her recipe book.

korbo, Nov 7, 6:32am
.bumping.someone must have a recipe.

claudds, Nov 8, 3:38am
monofoil, howmuchcreamandcondensedmilkforyourrecipe.