How do you use celery!

Page 1 / 2
susievb, Oct 11, 2:47am
My mind has gone blank on how to use it.

In Chinese stir fry, soup, that's all I can think of.

glenleigh, Oct 11, 2:48am
Eat it raw with dip, use it in stir frys or stews.

holly-rocks, Oct 11, 2:50am
In bean salad :)

agave1, Oct 11, 3:01am
warm (or cold) potato salad.

dec1066, Oct 11, 3:04am
The tops are great chopped up and thrown into any kind of casserole or pie filling, they add tons of flavour.

fisher, Oct 11, 3:05am
slice finely and add to green salads. meatloaves. "mirepoix" which is celery, onions and carrots. a base for soups , sauces and bisque's.
onions for savoury, carrots for sweetness and celery for aroma. these three make a great base for a soup with a soup mix added and later adding left over cooked chicken meat for a quick easy meal. the soup is blitzed to thicken before the chicken is added and it all reheated.

motorbo, Oct 11, 3:13am
use the small leaves torn up in salads.a jamie oliver tip

adore soup make with lotsa celery, i eat it raw and with cottage cheese

motorbo, Oct 11, 3:14am
oh and if i have leftovers i finely chop and freeze for when a recipe calls for it

chelseas-nana, Oct 11, 3:15am
Raw piled high with peanut butter thru the centre,yum,yum.

iriegirl, Oct 11, 3:37am
I cook (and eat!) alot of Cajan food, and without celery it wouldn't be the same! In Cajan and Creole cuisine, bell pepper, onion and celery are often refered to as the "holy trinity" or the southern version of mire poix. Now off to make gumbo.

lythande1, Oct 11, 5:34am
In soup, in stews.

pickles7, Oct 11, 6:58am
Egg and celery salad, quartered hard boiled eggs, chunky chopped celery, sour cream, loosened with milk, salt, pepper to taste.

susievb, Oct 12, 4:19am
Thanks for all your ideas, I would love the peanut butter idea but I'm meant to be losing weight he he!

pickles7, Oct 12, 4:28am
like it is , washed chilled , fresh, raw celery ,comes to mind. enjoy

tania58, Oct 14, 5:32am
I made it stuffed for nibbles with drinks a while ago and went down a treat!

cut celery into even lengths.Mash cream cheese, bit of salt, dash of pepper and paprika, few drops of worcestershire sauce and add enough mayonnaise to make it a spreading consistency.

Fill celery ribs with the mixture, sprinkle with more paprika and chill. YUM O!

jynx66, Oct 14, 9:15am
Celery, carrot and onion - the Holy Trinity - superb for making tasty vegetable (and meat) stocks.Cooked long and slow they exude flavour.

245sam, Oct 11, 7:08am
Or for an alternative filling.Mix cream cheese with finely chopped crystallised ginger - no need for anything else, that filling + the celery are a delicious and very more-ish combo.:-))

mwood, Oct 11, 7:11am
raw dipped in salt

dibble35, Oct 11, 7:12am
Now that sounds interesting, will have to give it a go soon.

horizons_, Oct 11, 11:18pm
Cabbage, celery, onion and capsicum parboiled together for a tasty vege combo to go with your meal. Lots o pepper on top, yummy. I add celery to any greens I am cooking. have it most nights either parcooked or raw. Use the leaves too. I start chopping from the leave down.

dorothy_vdh, Oct 12, 7:36am
cheese and celery sandwiches.My late mother in laws were the best

245sam, Oct 12, 8:22am
It is interesting dibble35, but best IMO if one is generous with the ginger.Hope you like, and enjoy it.:-))

moovinup, Oct 13, 5:07am
mmm celery - summer salad of celery/apple peeled & cubed/cheese cut into cubes/generous handful of raisins & lots of mayonaise to mix YUM everything quantity wise is a bit of guesswork but make it to suit your taste buds!

rainrain1, Oct 13, 5:12am
Tomato Sauce for pasta, and Seafood Gumbo

alfredtonroad, Oct 13, 5:20am
good tip - i didn't know you could do this and my leftovers go to the chooks