Basic stuffing recipe (no celery)

kristy22, Aug 5, 3:46am
x1
Hi, I've been looking for a recipe online for stuffing cooked outside the chicken but they all have celery in them. Does anyone have and easy, tasty recipe without celery with directions to cook outside of the chicken please?

petal1955, Aug 5, 4:06am
x4
Wizz up some bread in the food processor to make crumbs, , add a onion diced up... ... . egg... ... . metled butter... ... ... . crushed garlic... ... chopped parsley... . . some mixed herbs if you like them ( I dont) and some lemon rind off a lemon. mix well... ... roll into balls and cook in the roasting dish with the chicken... . . pop them in after the chicken has been on for 3/4hour... . then stuffing balls only take about 20-30mins... ... . . these are really nice

kristy22, Aug 5, 4:09am
yum, they sounds great! Thanks! !

fisher, Aug 5, 4:26am
Here's One. .
Melt oil and butter and pan fry 2-3 rashers of bacon until crisp. Remove bacon and cut up into fine pieces and set aside .
Add 1 med diced onion to pan and cook till transparent. Add finely chopped sage, salt and pepper and one cup ofbread crumbs. Mix well. Mix in 1/2 cup diced dried prunes and 1 diced granny smith apple and stir for a minute or two. Return bacon bits and mix in.
Set aside to cool and then wrap in tin foil just before placing into oven for last half hour of cooking time. .

fisher, Aug 5, 4:29am
and another
Vege Stuffing:
Melt oil and 25g butter and pan fry 2-3 rashers of bacon until crisp. Remove bacon and cut up into fine pieces and set aside
Add 1 chopped onion, 2 cloves crushed garlic and grated ginger to pan and cook till transparent. . Add 3 chopped spring onions, 1 small red pepper diced, 1/2 can water chestnuts chopped, pinch of salt and pepper and 1 cup fresh breadcrumbs and stir well for a minute or two...
Remove from heat and set aside to cool. Add one egg and mix well and roll up in foil. Use a little milk or chicken stock to moisten if required.
Hints:
(a)You can add a tsp or two of chicken stock or a chicken oxo cube when mixing...
(b)Replace the prunes in the stuffing above with dried apricots or cranberries.
(c)Sage and onion is always a favourite but you can always do mixed herbs and onion for a change...
(d)Fresh Sage can be placed in boiling water for a few seconds to remove bitterness... .

me-shell1, Aug 5, 4:38am
basic but yummie, bread crumbs (i make my own by breaking up bread so its not to fine) mixed herbs, chopped onion and add this to butter and melt, i use quite a bit off butter till it all stays together. then stuff what ever you are stuffing with it or cook in muffin trays if you want it on the side. also i have added cranberrys and toasted pine nuts for turky. yum yum.

purplegoanna, Aug 5, 4:41am
rice stuffing is nice for a change, just omit the breadcrumbs from any recipe and use cooked rice.

kristy22, Aug 5, 10:18am
They all sound great and I will add them to my cook book. Thanks all! !

goldgurl_design, Dec 29, 9:04pm
my basic chicken stuffing, has bread, onion, mixed herbs, couple of eggs, rasins, apricot jam, orange zest, light soy, salt and peper... sometimes I'll add a dash of sweet chilli sauce too... I always makes HEAPS of it, cos it's just as nice to eat on it's own lol.