Celery

motorbo, May 23, 3:46am
i love it, in soups, stews, eat raw, with dips, but what else? does anybody do anything else with celery?

toadfish, May 23, 3:52am
We like it in all of the above and in stirfrys.

When I get it home I do what I call process it. I cut all the nice pieces into about 10cm lengths, these go washed into an icecream container and my girls have them in their lunches or after school snacks, or i slice them further for stir fry. The tops and the smaller bits and the core I slice into soup size pieces and freeze in about the amount I want when making a big pot of soup. Then just pop it in frozen... Then all the fuss, bother, washing is done all at one and none of the celery is ever wasted.

motorbo, May 23, 3:53am
hi toadfish i do the same, wopps i just remembered jamie oliver once said use the inside small leaves for salads! !

rainrain1, May 23, 4:25am
fine chopped celery, grated carrot, and cream cheese makes a nice sandwhich filling

madzwhippet, May 23, 4:43am
cut small and raw, adds a zing to salads ... .

korbo, May 23, 5:10am
mmm, rainrain, you have just given me an idea for luncheon sandys for a birthday next week.
I LIVE celery and cheese sandys. could eat 1/2 doz at a time.
Ialso add chopped celery to a pork casserole, seems to give it a nice flavour. never beef tho.

elliehen, May 23, 9:35am
If you have a toastie machine, chopped celery, sliced olives and grated cheese are a delicious hot combo.

lilyfield, May 23, 10:24am
I eat mine cooked together with carrots

alebix, May 23, 11:42am
I chop mine into small pieces and freeze it.

I add it to any casseroles, soups, stews, mince dishes.

ziggy16, May 24, 5:02am
Absolutely hate it, I do however have it in the house at the mo as I cut it up into tiny pieces for veg soup that's the only way I will eat it when I can't tell it's there, I have heaps left over and it is stinking out the house Ewwww going to give it to my daughter's friend who is here at the moment and said she loves it, well guess what she's taking it home hahahha

falcon-hell, May 24, 5:11am
my sister puts it in stuffing for chicken and bugger me its awesome.

eastie3, Jun 2, 11:55pm
My lovely Dad, who would eat almost anything, detested celery.
He loved asoup which was largely kumara and celery - which my clever mother called green velvet soup - he had no idea. She also made the real green velvet soup, and I suppose had to think of another name for it.