Liquid glucose what to do with it

toscka, Sep 29, 8:06pm
I had a recipe in mind at the time now cant remember what it was I know what a wally.now i have a jar of liquid glucose in my cupboard and dont know what to do with it also have a jar of mollassas and not sure what i got that for either.dont want to chuck them away any ideas much appreciated.

pickles7, Sep 29, 8:40pm
Leave them in your cupboard they will not deteriorate, you may remember what you got them for.
I found a tin of molasses, in my mothers cupboard that must have been 15 years old, it was perfect. I did use it in one recipe though, did not trust the tin once opened. I used it in one of my Worcestershire sauce recipes.
You may have bought glucose, for making sweets, icing, marshmallow, maybe to sweeten wine

meetee, Sep 30, 4:05am
Perhaps you got it to make nougat!

beaker59, Sep 30, 4:09am
Molasses is really good for horses tip it on thier feed.

nfh1, Sep 30, 4:47am
I have liquid glucose too - it comes out once a year to make icing for the Christmas cake.

jessie981, Sep 30, 4:57am
Try Recipes using Liquid Glucose

Microwave White Chocolate Fudge
Pineapple Yoghurt Ice-cream
Fruity Ice Sticks
Vanilla Ice Cream

nfh1, Sep 30, 4:58am
Oh - it may come out before Christmas --- Pineapple Yoghurt Ice cream sounds very good.

jessie981, Sep 30, 6:21am
Off Google
Ingredients

1/2 ltr whole milk
3 tbsp +1 tsp. milk powder
1 1/2 tbsp g.m.s powder
1/8 tsp c.m.c. powder
6 tbsp sugar
1 tsp liquid glucose
1/2 tsp curds (dahi)
1/2 tsp pineapple essence
1/4 tsp lemon yellow colour

Method

1.Boil milk and cool it.
2.To 200 ml milk add curds and set it.
3.to 300 ml milk, add milk powder, g.m.s., c.m.c. and sugar and churn well.
4.heat this mixture.
5.Add liquid glucose and boil for 6 minutes stirring constantly.
6.pass the mixture through a sieve and cool it.pour the mixture in a container, cover it and keep for setting in freezer.
7.when this mixture sets basic ice cream is ready.
8.Place on seive the set yoghurt (10 to 15 minutes).
9.cover it and keep to set in freezer.
10.Cut the basic ice cream into small pieces.
11.add essence, colour and churn till soft and fluffy.
12.then add to it the thick yoghurt.
13.Churn once again and pour it in a container.

tigger22, Sep 30, 6:23am
peanut brittle, yum!

nfh1, Sep 30, 7:08am
Thanks jessie981 - that sounds way outside my cooking abilities!I have no idea what cmc powder is or gms powder or dahi!

I think I will pop glucose to back of shelf again - thanks for posting though.

sultana0, Sep 30, 8:22am
I used liquid glucose as a sports supplement now I thicken liqueurs with it. Sometimes I use it when making homemade icecream.

dn_filly, Sep 30, 10:33am
i had to get it for when i made fruit jellys.

guardy, Sep 30, 6:58pm
Jo Seagars fudge recipe uses liquid glucose.Its make it really creamy and very delicious.Just made it this week for the school fair.Certainly a 'sometimes' treat as it has 2 tins of condensed milk and 2 bars of chocolate but it is INCREDIBLE.

toscka, Sep 30, 7:12pm
Thank you i will look for the jo seagars recipe.and look up the others.i have already mollasas for the horses but if i use it all up i know i have a little extra.thanks.i still dont remember what i got it for.

trah, Oct 1, 1:34am
Another thumbs up for the fudge recipe that uses chocolate and liquid glucose.Makes the most velvetty fudge ever!

pogram0, Oct 1, 3:36am
I usually put a dessert spoon of molasses in my fruit and nut loaf and you can also put it into Christmas cakes and Christmas puddings - it makes the darker.