Absolutly Favourite Crockpot Recipe

Page 6 / 7
griffo4, Apr 8, 8:29am
bumping up as l don't have time to copy all these great recipes thanks to everyone for posting them

hawki1, Apr 8, 8:44am
Hi All
Winter is approaching so out comes the crockpot...yummy...
There is a great site
www.trademecooks.net.nz which started because you can loose some wonderful recipes time after time because they drop to the end. This site is the place where those wonderful recipes have been added.It takes a little bit of navigation but they are there.Enjoy

purplegoanna, Apr 8, 9:22pm
bugger forgot the water! lol i make it about 1/2-1inch from the top, then when i get home i take the hock out and take all the meat of, shred it with my fingers into smaller bits and put it back in. ALSO when your putting your veges in, in the morning pack them in as when you take the hock out before serving theres alot of space left over.

kate113, Apr 8, 9:30pm
I don't have time to type out the recipe, but the other day I made the 'roast' whole chicken with spicy paprika rub, from the Simon/Alison Holst 100 great ways to use crockpots book.Wow, it was one of the nicest meals i'd had in ages! really lovely.

hawki1, Apr 9, 8:44am
Hi All
Winter is approaching so out comes the crockpot.yummy.
There is a great site
www.trademecooks.net.nz which started because you can loose some wonderful recipes time after time because they drop to the end. This site is the place where those wonderful recipes have been added.It takes a little bit of navigation but they are there.Enjoy

jaydan1, Apr 28, 10:32pm
Bump, well heres an old thread with lots of yummy winter time meal ideas,. I was looking for Crockpot Casserole Ideas and found some beauties in here. Just In time for winter.

nzl99, Apr 28, 11:07pm
Thanks Jaydan for bumping this!

cottagerose, Apr 28, 11:16pm
I cook some very tasty recipes out of Simon and Alison Holsts RED crockpot book.
Tonight its pork carribean, using pork slices.
Some of the ingrediants are peanut butter,garlic,cummin, hoison sauce,chilli pwd,soy sauce.
If anyone is interested I can post the recipe

dolphin9, Apr 28, 11:34pm
Bought my crockpot last winter and 2 cookbooks.Tried lots of recipes some great some not.Given up on whole chicken, tried lots of different ways/times but found it dry.But lambs shanks, silverside & pork spare ribs are family favourites

ttwisty, Apr 28, 11:58pm
my tip for cooking whole chicken in the crockpot is to wrap your chicken in tinfoil and cook always comes out moist

dolphin9, Apr 29, 12:49am
Ok will give it one more try, how long do you cook it, and low or hgh setting.Do you put anything else in with it? Size of chicken? Thanks

ttwisty, Apr 29, 1:00am
i cook on low for between 6-8 hrs depending on size. Does not anything as the chicken will cook in its on juices

norse_westie, Apr 29, 4:47am
Mine is a dessert. Chop up a fresh pineapple into good sized chunks. Throw in any other fruit you have, even dried apricots is great. Add a tiny dash of red wine and a cinnamon stick. Cook for a couple of hours and serve hot with whipped cream or ice cream. (Or better yet, my current favourite: vanilla bean cream).

ttwisty, Apr 29, 11:58pm
my tip for cooking whole chicken in the crockpot is to wrap your chicken in tinfoil and cookin crockpot, always comes out moist

dolphin9, Apr 30, 12:49am
Ok will give it one more try, how long do you cook it, and low or hgh setting.Do you put anything else in with it! Size of chicken! Thanks

ttwisty, Apr 30, 1:00am
i cook on low for between 6-8 hrs depending on size. Does not need anything else with it as the chicken will cook in its on juices

sarahb83, May 11, 8:02am
Oh my gosh!Trade Me Cooks is back!Last I heard (read) it had been removed as the lady (Eden!) didn't have time for it.Yay for Trade Me Cooks!

lindasoptions, May 12, 6:01am
Hi I mentioned in the 'Slow' message thread, that my root veges never seem to cook even cut in tiny tiny pieces, and had a couple of replys, thanks.Just asking here if anyone has the same problem, because after spending so much money I am wondering if I should take it back as it puts me off using it.Thanks for any comments.

nicki5, May 12, 8:09am
how long do you cook it for sparkles! thanks

lindasoptions, May 12, 9:13am
Thanks griffo4I have been wondering about it for a while I can at least try, hope it is still under warranty, all these recipies I am missing out on.

redrustie, May 12, 10:00am
Guernsey Bean Jar Recipe

1 lb haricot beans (soaked overnight) (i use 3/4 haricot and 1/4 butter beans
1 lb onions chopped
Salt & pepper to taste
1 lb carrots chopped
Thyme, sage, parsley, to taste
1 bacon hock or pigs trotter or marrow bone
Some belly pork or cheap cuts or 1.5 lb brisket
Stock

Place all the ingredients in a slow cooker (or large casserole or bean jar covered in water in the oven at 150F) for 8 hrs or overnight, adding more boiling water as necessary.

You can add a beef stock cube to the water if you like, don't use too much salt as the bacon can be salty.

Lovely served with a nice fresh crusty loaf or mashed potato and veggies

3amigoes, May 12, 10:37am
What temperature do you cook it on!

susan21, May 12, 7:33pm
I use my crockpot for making soup.
CHICKEN VEGE SOUP

Chicken, bacon, onion, carrot, leek, white wine, potato,corn, celery, lentils,chilli finely chopped, salt and pepper.
Add lots of water, cook on low all day.

lespat, May 12, 10:31pm
Won't the veges turn to mush especially as grated! Sorry, can't quite follow about packing in veges.

..pip.., Jul 7, 10:43pm
Thai Kumara and pork curry

Add all the following to a crock pot/slow cooker and put on low for 7-8 hours.

1kg cubed pork
2 large sweet potato cut to around 3cm cubes
2 carrots cut to 3cm cubes
1 onion diced
1 red chilli deseeded and chopped fine (Add more if you like it hot I only like a touch of heat)
1/4 cup tomato paste
6 kaffir lime leaves (I just use lime leaves off my lime tree)
200ml coconut cream
1/2 cup water
1 chicken oxo cube

Serve with rice and enjoy ;)