Muffin + Cup cake Question

zambesi2, Sep 12, 11:25pm
What is the trick to stop the above from sticking in their paper cases!Mine always stick and are difficult to detach from the paper.Should I spray them first!

lx4000, Sep 12, 11:36pm
don't use them! I use silicone or non stuff muffin tins and spray with a bit of oil.

zambesi2, Sep 13, 12:19am
Ohhh!But they look so pretty!

darlingmole, Sep 13, 1:08am
are you trying to pull the cup cakes from the paper before they've cooled down!I have the exact same problem with my cheese/savoury muffins so have given up on them (think the extra fat makes them stick!)

cupcakes5, Sep 13, 1:27am
it must be something to do with the recipe, i don't normally have the sticking problem but last week i tried a new recipe and they stuck to the cases like crazy, i wont beusing that recipe again

chicco2, Sep 13, 1:30am
Try a different recipe, it could be too dry etc!
What darlingmole said about removing them before they are cool. Another reason could be that they are not quire cooked!
I remember something said by a judge on the Nestle Hottest Baker Show, its a sign of a perfectly cooked cup cake if it removes from the paper perfectly.

lilyfield, Sep 13, 1:35am
spray the papercases

zambesi2, Sep 13, 6:38am
Thanx ladies.The muffins have all been cold, but half the mixture seems to be be left behind in the paper case.GRRRR! I'm sure that there must be a 'trick' to this!Maybe I will try spraying them as suggested above.

arl5, Sep 13, 9:35am
Hi i am a qualified chef and a childrens cooking tutor . yes do spray a light coat of spray oil in the cases and you will have great cakes.
never over fill a cup cake case or they become technically muffins ( muffin tops) cup cakes are up to and not over flowing . the more you fill the harder to get paper off also.

kuaka, Sep 13, 9:45am
I think some paper cases are better than others, try a different brand and see if they are any better.

arl5, Sep 13, 7:46pm
Cup cake recipe . 125 gram sugar
125 gram butter
beat till whilt and airy add 2 eggs and beat further 30 seconds .
fold in 2 cups flour and 50ml milk.
vanilla or lemon to taste
great recipe and DO oil the paper cases . light spray works best .

zambesi2, Sep 13, 9:40pm
Thanx heaps arl5.I will try what you have suggested along with your recipe.Does it not have any baking poweder in it!
How long to cook for and temperature!

chicco2, Sep 14, 6:48pm
Probably self rising flour. It sounds like a nice recipe.

zambesi2, Sep 15, 10:21pm
I did use SR flour in the end, and it needed more milk. 50 mls didn't seem to be enough. I'm now going to try Merles one from Master Chef. Just printed off the recipe.Sounds similar actually.

pickles7, Sep 16, 4:57am
You may need to raise the temp. of the oven. You should not have to spray the cases, with anything.
A brown bottom, will be a firm bottom.