Pet Mince What do you add to yours

Page 2 / 2
mazzy1, Sep 16, 10:57pm
Take a look at Raw Essentials' website. They are great advocates of species specific foods like raw chicken and offal etc for cats and dogs. They ask what you are most likely to see your cat stalking; a horse or a chicken, for example. They advise against cooking and the sole use of grain-based foods like Iams and Eukanuba. It's really interesting reading, and makes a lot of sense.

uli, Sep 17, 6:55am
Where did you bry it from!

jbsouthland, Sep 17, 7:06am
Our girl is loving her chicken mince raw.get it for $4.50 kg from pet shop cubed and frozen in bags.I wouldn't add anystock cubeflavouringstohomemade pet food.alot of sodium etc.

elliehen, Sep 17, 7:37am
With German as your first language, you have it easy: 'bringen/brachte' - nice and regular, with a verb 'kaufen', quite unlike it, for 'buy'.

Native speakers of English have a much harder time.The verbs 'bring/brought' and 'buy/bought' are easily confused.

I suggest that you don't let it bother you.Everyone else is more interested in communication.

If you are still bothered, why not go to the friendly thread, started by eurowatches in Trade Me Discussion, that I gave a link to in the Cheese-making thread when you raised a similar matter!There you can discuss the vagaries of English to your heart's content without ever being off-topic or mocking anyone.

knowsley, Sep 17, 8:07am
I think she gets stuck into the cooking sherry on nights when she has read all her Mills and Boon books. She'll pass out soon, I'm sure.

whiskey13, Sep 17, 8:57am
Countdown. why!

aktow, Sep 17, 12:25pm
first i defrost my pet mince , then i add fish oilalso soya bean oil and tomato sauce, then ifreeze the pet mince again and put it in a sack, i add a long rope to the sack and put it in the water off my boat. it makes excellent burly,at $2.50 for 3kg of pet mincemakes a cheep fishing burly

lythande1, Sep 17, 8:29pm
Why! Any different from dead cows! It's kind of like venison in appearance. My mother has eaten horse, she said it's quite seet.

whiskey13, Sep 18, 4:40am
So far the only thing I've added to Mac's pet mince is a worming tablet.sucker! lol

We've just been giving it to him raw.Thanks for everyones comments. has made for some interesting reading