Easy Roast Beetroot/Salad recipes

viv130, Aug 30, 8:20am
I would love some easy recipes for either a tasty roast beetroot or salad recipes, thanks

dragonzflame, Aug 30, 11:31pm
Roast fresh beetroot and some red onion with a little bit of balsamic vinegar and olive oil, toss crumbled feta into it, done.

fisher, Aug 31, 12:06am
Salad Beetroot~Keep refrigerated.
Cook beetroot whole in a covered dish in the microwave on 100% power for 10 mins and then turn the beetroot over and cook for a further 10 mins.Cool, peel and slice and put in a Tupperware deli container and pour over a mixture of malt vinegar and brown sugar that has been heated in the microwave.

fisher, Aug 31, 12:07am
Roasted Beetroot and Tomato Salad
Preheat oven to 200c
Ingredients:
10 small beetroot, well washed.2 tomatoes, sliced thickly.2 spring onions, sliced diagonally.2 tbsp each fresh parsley, dill and tarragon. 1 tbsp sugar.1 clove garlic, crushed.salt and pepper to taste.50ml olive oil .3 tbsp balsamic vinegar.
Method:
Bake beetroot 1 hour, or until tender. As soon as the beetroot can be handled, peel and slice thickly.
Place in a large salad bowl. Add remaining ingredients and mix well.

fisher, Aug 31, 12:09am
Beetroot Salad with Orange
Ingredients:
600g of beetroots.1/4 tsp of white pepper.1/4 cup of real orange juice.1/4 tsp of mustard powder.1 tbsp of salad oil.1/2 tsp of orange rind.Salt to taste. 1/4 cup of spring onion rings
Method:
Boil the beetroots. When cool, peel and dice them into half-inch cubes. Chill them.
Mix orange juice, oil, salt, pepper, mustard powder and orange rind in a bowl and whisk till the mixture is homogeneous.
Pour the dressing over the beetroot pieces and garnish with rings of spring onion

cloudberry, Aug 31, 12:10am
Scrub some beetroot and cut off any knobbly bits. I don't usually bother to peel them. Chop into cubes. Add a drained can of chickpeas (pat dry with a paper towel). Then sprinkle over some ground cumin, salt and chilli flakes. Drizzle over a little olive oil and toss with your hands (you may want to wear disposable gloves if you're fussy about red hands!) Bake at 220 for about 40mins, or until beetroot cooked. Eat as is, or if you want it as a salad you could add feta cheese, olives, and vinaigrette with plenty of garlic and some finely chopped parsley and mint.

fisher, Aug 31, 12:12am
Minted Beetroot in Jelly
Place 1 tin of drained, sliced beetroot in a glass dish or boil and slice when cool. Sprinkle over 1/4 cup freshly chopped mint leaves.
Mix up in another bowl, 3/4 cup of white vinegar and the reserved juice from the can or a 400ml of water the beetroot were boiled in. Heat in the microwave.Add 1 pkt of "Raspberry Jelly".
The juice should be hot to dissolve the jelly crystals. Pour over the top of the prepared beetroot and arrange mint and put in the fridge to set.

fisher, Aug 31, 12:15am
Roasted Beets with Dijon Dressing
Preheat oven to 190 degrees
Ingredients
1 kilo of beetroot.4 tbsp olive oil.1 tsp salt.1/2 tsp black pepper.1 tbsp Dijon mustard . Juice of one orange.1 tsp sugar.
1 tbsp red wine vinegar.2tbsp fresh rosemary,chopped.
Method
Wash, trim and dry beets. Leave 1/2 inch stem and root intact. Place beets in a large bowl, drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil, salt and pepper.
Using clean hands, toss to coat beets with seasoning. Place beets in a roasting pan in a single layer. Roast 45 minutes or until beets are tender. Remove from oven and cool enough to handle but still warm. While beets are cooling, make dressing.
Rub skins from beets and cut into quarters. Place warm beets in bowl and toss with dressing to combine.
Let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes while beets absorb dressing.
Dressing : ~ In a bowl,whisk together mustard, orange juice, sugar, and vinegar. Whisk in remaining 3 tbsp olive oil and add rosemary.

kbrough, Aug 31, 12:33am
I used to roast beetroot in olive oil, balsamic vinegar and brown sugar, then I had another recipe where I would grate raw beetroot into a cabbage and grated carrot coleslaw and add toasted caraway seeds.

viv130, Aug 31, 8:08pm
Thanks so much for the recipes, I will try them all. Ta

bev00, Sep 1, 10:25am
Beetroot dicedtoss with broadbeans and feta cheese and french dressing.

spot20, Sep 1, 9:15pm
Yummy so good at this time of year!

herself, Sep 1, 11:33pm
Carrots and beetroot cut into batons, red onions quartered.Put into large bowl. Add olive oil, orange juice, balsamic vinegar, sprinkle with brown sugar. Roast until tender.Delicious hot or cold.
I don't bother doing this in my oven, I use my electric frypan - comes out great every time and it is a big favourite all year round in this house.

cloudberry, Aug 31, 12:10am
Scrub some beetroot and cut off any knobbly bits. I don't usually bother to peel them. Chop into cubes. Add a drained can of chickpeas (pat dry with a paper towel). Then sprinkle over some ground cumin, salt and chilli flakes. Drizzle over a little olive oil and toss with your hands (you may want to wear disposable gloves if you're fussy about red hands!) Bake at 220 for about 40mins, or until beetroot cooked. Eat as is, or if you want it as a salad you could add feta cheese, olives, and vinaigrette with plenty of garlic and some finely chopped parsley and mint.

bev00, Sep 1, 10:52am
Beets are hard to beat .

herself, Sep 1, 11:33pm
Carrots and beetroot cut into batons, red onions quartered.Put into large bowl. Add olive oil, orange juice, balsamic vinegar, sprinkle with brown sugar. Roast until tender.Delicious hot or cold.
I don't bother doing this in my oven, I use my electric frypan - comes out great every time and it is a big favourite all year round in this house.

sarahb5, Sep 2, 12:24am
very good for you too