Rump Steak

kinna54, Aug 23, 8:40am
We have been given quite alot of rump steak which I am not too fond of. Wifey marinated (in kiwifruit for 24 hours)some for tea but it was not that great. Can you put rump steak in a slow cooker or crock pot as you do with cheaper beef cuts!

lookingfor, Aug 23, 8:48am
Of couse you can, you can cook any meat in the slow cooker. If you want a stew, just add water. Else you could make a layer of vegs on the bottom, and lay the steak on the top

dbab, Aug 23, 9:46pm
I use rump steak to make beef stroganoff.

micky_1, Aug 23, 9:49pm
I use rump in the slow cooker all the time.

beaker59, Aug 23, 11:26pm
Rump is often specialled at our supermarket so I often cook it in the slow cooker too, I usually buy some ox kidney at same time so we can have steak and kidney casserole at least once my favourite. Aslo nice as a whole braised steak just fry steaks as usual then place in slow cooker with sliced onions mushrooms and some fresh herbs garlic and salt from the garden maybe some plum jam and then add some stock and slow cook for 3 hours nice tender steaks that have a very deep flavour with a rich gravy.

motorbo, Aug 24, 6:15am
its nicer cooked quickly, and eaten med rare

obsidianwings, Aug 24, 8:28am
Don't see why not, or use it to make a pepper steak pie, yum :)

nfh1, Aug 24, 8:55am
Yes me too.

kinna54, Aug 24, 10:09am
Aha I see DH wasn't too found of last night's dinner.!Thank you everyone for the replies. He will now be inspired to get cooking Yay. Cheers everyone.