Device for sealing plastic bags

wron, Aug 20, 12:46pm
I bought 3 packs of these at the food show 2 years ago - each pack had 2 long ones about the size of a new pencil and 2 shorter ones. They are about the thickness of a drinking straw - you fold the bag over and they slide across - work brilliantly but I want some more as I gave 2 of the packs to my daughters.
Anyone know what they are called and where to buy them! I was in Wellington for a wedding and missed the Auckland show a few weeks ago.

evorotorua, Aug 20, 7:25pm
The are called Magic Lock and have a web page using the same name in NZ. You can order them from there. Postage looks really cheap too. I bought some at the show in Auckland this year having been given some a couple of years ago. They are great.

wron, Aug 21, 3:09am
Thanks! The ones I bought at the food show were Magic Lock, and their website sells 3 packs (2 long and 2 short in each pack = total of 12) for $20 with postage of only $2,50, lx4000 - your ones look almost exactly the same the same but postage is $5 for total of 6 - several sizes.

wron, Aug 21, 3:14am
Oops, $26, not $20 - that was the price when I last bought some!

evorotorua, Aug 21, 4:43am
Wron, I think they special them more at the shows. I guess they save on handling there. Good reason to go back to the food show next year!

cwnda, Aug 21, 6:03am
Three years ago I bought four packs at a supermarket for 90c each.
I think they were quitting their stock.