Plastic container storage

hkm11, May 28, 3:58am
Just wondering how others store all their plactic storage containers in the kitchen. Mine are currently chucked in a big plastic container in bottom of pantry. Wondering if I should stack them in a cupboard or if there is a better system

eastie3, May 28, 4:13am
I keep them in a cupboard of their very own, and have to slam the door shut to keep them from cascading all over the kitchen floor. Note to self: sort it out this weekend.

Am I the only one who buys the Glad containers but find those that look the the same size in fact are minimally different, and none of the damned lids ever fit ?

I also recycle Meadowlea and Kapiti icecream (the small ones) containers, they are a very handy size.

nfh1, May 28, 4:15am
I have mine in a deep drawer and I can never find the right lid for the container.

I think the problem is that I have some Tupperware, some Klik Klak, etc etc - perhaps we need to start all over again and have them all the same variety!

indigojo, May 28, 4:34am
I keep it in a plastic storage cube (you know that ones that are $7 at The Warehouse), in a cupboard, that way I can pull out the box to go thru the plastic stuff. I mainly have tupperware for food storage (the older clear square round stuff) and the gladware stuff for leftovers, and yes, the lids get deformed quickly! ... oh, and icecream containers, amazing how useful those are! ...

fisher, May 28, 5:28am
I'm the same as indigojo with a slight difference. . All the lids go into a seperate cube. . Have stacked, put all in one cube with frustrating time trying to find the correct combination...
This is so much easier... 2 cubes, one large and one smaller... .

cap, May 28, 5:49am
Those Glad containers are useless - well at least the ones I bought were as the lids just did not fit at all and I know they were the right lids as I only bought one set. We put a new kitchen in last year and got some large pots drawers and if I could go back and do it all over again I would get more. Pot drawers are just the best - they hold so much junk yet you can easily get to said junk.

katalin2, May 28, 11:10am
Great question as I have been thinking about this too as we are in the middle of building and just finalising kitchen- in my present kitchen I have a cupboard and a drawer but totally unsatisfactory as it takes me for ever to find matching lids. If you could start from scratch as we can, how would you store them? I use them all the time to freeze leftovers or excess from the garden and we cook up fresh chicken petfood mince in bulk and freeze as one of our cats is allergic to beef.

lilyfield, Jun 15, 12:06am
mine are beautifully stacked inside each other by size. Lids separately upright in containers. Feeling smug. I use a lot of margerine pots. Just the right size for a meal for one.