Bread Maker - which model do you recommend!

Page 2 / 2
guest, Aug 23, 2:33am
Is Apple Bread maker good? How much generally? Where to buy?

korban, Aug 23, 4:56am
The bread was perfect - only problem is I ate too much of it!

k9jack, Aug 26, 9:45am
Hey everyone.We have a Tefal breadmaker - hubby is the main user . lucky me!Question . we haven't had great success at making a spicy fruit loaf, seems to always turn out quite stodgy.Any of you lovely people out there got a 'never-fail' recipe!Thanks in advance! (o:

wron, Aug 26, 11:42am
Re torrigreens slicing guide suggestion - there's 2 on TM at the moment - I have one too, bought 2nd hand, apparently no longer available in shops.

leigh2003, Sep 24, 9:29am
Could someone please tell me, do you think breadmaker bread tastes the same as normal white bread!My children are fussy and I am wondering if it tastes any different!

klc1, Sep 24, 10:14am
I think it tastes better, much more flavour.

leigh2003, Sep 24, 10:26am
Thanks!And.I have had a breadmaker before, and no matter what I tried I could not get a decent loaf.Mainly it just didn't mix and rise.I followed the recipe and tried every type of flippin yeast!Is this a common problem and is there some miracle fix!

daisygirl, Sep 24, 7:31pm
Cuisinart.Expensive,but quality.Makes super bread.Comes with 3 year warranty and lastsforever.

craig04, Sep 25, 7:50am
I have a top of the line Breville Ikon which was great for the first 6 mths I had it and baked lovely big loaves for us about 3x a week. However, it no longer bakes so well and the loaves are just not the same, although it still goes through the cycle just fine. So these days I just use it to make pizza dough and foccacia dough and jam (it makes great jam). A friend owns a Panasonic and has had it for about 3yrs - it still bakes perfect bread every time. If I ever replace my Breville I'll be buying a Panasonic, although I make all my bread by hand these days.

daisyhill, Sep 25, 8:39am
I had this problem when following the recipes that came with the breadmaker. Eventually I got a recipe from a friend who also has a breadmaker, and it works perfectly every time.

wron, Sep 25, 10:14am
I'd say that would be a pretty big loaf - the Panasonic has 3 sizes- My guess is this would be the xtra large - what do others think! I made the recipe on the Edmonds High Grade flour pack the other day, had 2 cups of Hi flour and one of wholemeal and used 300mls of water plus oil, sugar salt etc and from memory 3/4 cup roasted seeds - I set machine to medium size. I love recipes with cup amounts though, I recommend the 4 George Dale "Daley Bread" series of books, he's a Kiwi from Wellington, books out of print but do a TM search. He's still going, sells bread mixes from Benedicts cafe in Welly - check their website, makes the mixes Consumer uses to test bread makers. Incidently he prefers Panasonics!

74nova, Sep 25, 6:35pm
Thanks for this, I had to adapt the recipe too, except I use 3 1/2 tsp yeast and 420 mls water.Must admit, the plain white loaf is the best!

catlover28, Sep 25, 9:01pm
My Cascade is seven years old and still going well.

catlover28, Sep 25, 9:03pm
Its nicer then shop bread but in my expeirence breadmaker bread is harder, you cant fold it like a shop bread. Tastewise though, it makes shop bread (white) taste um.very processed.

taichnz, Sep 25, 11:56pm
We have a Breville Bakers oven, had it for 11yrs and still going.Makes a great loaf and it fits the toaster well. It getting a bit noisy now so when and if it dies we will look for another Breville

leigh2003, Sep 26, 12:56am
Thanks so much guys for the feedback.Will try the recipe daisyhill, ta!